Just a small suggestion

Ok ill set the scenario that im in now which has given me the reason to come up with this.

Im managing liverpool at the moment and i have enjoyed 5-6 seasons of success and i would like to move to another league to keep the game fresh.

Having checked what jobs are available it just happens that Barcelona are looking for a new manager.

My only problem is its coming to the business end of the season and im in contention for all trophies at the moment so im torn between starting the new challenge now and leaving the chance of more glory behind or staying at liverpool and missing the chance to start afresh.

Which leads me to my suggestion, do you guys reckon it would be a good idea to perhaps have an option to agree to take over a new club say at the end of the season? - like a pre contract agreement or something along those lines.

Maybe its just me but i have noticed that almost all the time the AI clubs will sack their managers during a season (Which i know does happen so thats not the problem) but it very rarely happens at the end of the season.

When you look at the likes of Barca, Inter & Chelsea IRL, we all knew they were going to get rid of their managers but it made sense to wait until the end of the season i mean why rock the boat unnecessarily?

Has anyone else noticed a trend similar to this and do you think the AI should be altered slightly for things like this to happen?

All Feedback is welcome.

Cheers icon14.gif

I think you can join at the end of the season if they approach you. Someone will have to clarify that. Otherwise, you can't choose to do so. Not sure a club like Barcelona would want to wait 3 or 4 months to get a manager.

Originally posted by gooner01:

you can agree to join a club at the end of the season but im not sure how close to the end of the season this option becomes availible

Cheers mate i wasnt aware of this option! Im at the start of march in my game and the option is there.

SI are on the ball! icon14.gif

Archived