Size Of Patch

This is what i got when i start an new game

Database: Standard

Autor: Sports Interactive

Version: 12.0.0

So does this mean that i don't have the patch(12.0.2)?

No, because the database version hasn't changed. Start a new game then go to the 'FM' dropdown menu, then Game Status. The version should say '12.0.2 230123 (m.e v983)'.

This is what i got when i start an new game

Database: Standard

Autor: Sports Interactive

Version: 12.0.0

So does this mean that i don't have the patch(12.0.2)?

I believe thats just the database version.

What does it say at the top of the screen next to 'Football Manager 2012' when you start a new game/go into preferences. It should say Version 12.0.2

did you follow the load from disk guide posted on one of the stickies? Basically it says to authenticate using steam and then when it starts to download it cancel. The instructions don't actually tell you to do this but thats the approach. Then to click on the game (right-click) and delete the online content. At this point you should put the CD in and install at which point steam will add a little at the end (I assume the patch but I'm not sure.)

It worked for me - was greatful to have read it first as my first approach would have been disk in...

Hope this helps

did you follow the load from disk guide posted on one of the stickies? Basically it says to authenticate using steam and then when it starts to download it cancel. The instructions don't actually tell you to do this but thats the approach. Then to click on the game (right-click) and delete the online content. At this point you should put the CD in and install at which point steam will add a little at the end (I assume the patch but I'm not sure.)

It worked for me - was greatful to have read it first as my first approach would have been disk in...

Cheers mate, another lesson learned, always read the frigging manual :)

Archived