Installing Steam

I am having issues installing Steam on my iMac with Lion 10.7.2 installed.

I keep getting an error message informing me that steam needs to be connected to the internet in order for me to install the client. I am obviously connected as I am writing this message and have had no issues downloading anything I have tried this morning.

I have downloaded the installer 3 times in the hope that it was the installer but to no avail. I have also disabled my firewall in the hope that it was this that was causing the issue, again it didn't work.

I really want to play FM12 but I can't install it without steam, can anyone help me?

• SI Staff

Are you trying to install the game from the disk? If so can you do the following and have another go:

Can you please try looking in the following locations to see if there is any trace of 'Steam' and removing the file/folder if there is:

User > Applications

User > Library > Application Support

It would be worth doing the same as well if you're just trying to install Steam from the .dmg file.

Hi.

Am having troubles running the game on a PC.

Steam crashing everything (as usual - bought game on disc and didn't realise I'd need to activate).

Is there a troubleshooting thread at all?

If I can't get it working can I just take the game back to shop for a refund or do I need to contact Sega directly?

Cheers.

I'm having the same issue (with Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.8)

Having had the problem this morning I deleted all the Steam files which seemed to trick it into updating. However, now it's updated, I still get the same problem - can't connect to Steam network.

My low opinion of Steam is descending further.

• SI Staff

Hi leeroy, I'm the Mac guy and PCs are not my area of expertise at all so I'd suggest opening a thread in the techincal issues area of the bugs forum and one of my colleagues will be able to help you out.

Do check the FAQ first though as your query may be answered in there, thanks :)

• SI Staff
I'm having the same issue (with Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.8)

Having had the problem this morning I deleted all the Steam files which seemed to trick it into updating. However, now it's updated, I still get the same problem - can't connect to Steam network.

My low opinion of Steam is descending further.

At what stage you get this error please imsodave?

I have Mac 10.6.8 and i have the same problem!! Tried doing everything as recommended above, even bought a 1 day BTopenzone pass to try downloading on a different wifi network but still nothing. Not sure what to do apart from burning my copy of FM2012!

Archived