GK Pos Bug

Morning All,

Hope all of those with the day off and playing FM12 are having an awful time :D anyways, I posted this question yesterday but it seems to have gone missing/deleted or maybe I didn't post it?

But has the GK positioning bug been fixed in the updated? In the change log/patch notes there isn't any mention of this, just wondering as this was the major bug I had on my demo (2 saves).

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's not really a bug, more a decision by SI that I don't think they thought through. It's been raised in a couple of threads and I believe they are aware of it.

As human managers we can compensate by giving our keepers individual training on positioning. AI keepers, however, won't get any so presumably their POS attribute will never improve.

I would imagine as soon as they have worked it out the will release a patch to either sort the problem or adjust how the training effects GK's.

There is nothing to sort out here. If SI deems this to be the way forward then I think it's wrong of you to be so arrogant about it and post a whine in the forum. It's best if you try to find a workaround or, better yet, play something else if it bothers you so much.

There is nothing to sort out here. If SI deems this to be the way forward then I think it's wrong of you to be so arrogant about it and post a whine in the forum. It's best if you try to find a workaround or, better yet, play something else if it bothers you so much.

hahahaha excuse me? Calm down mate im not moaning or anything, ill set my own gk schedules until SI look at this, my only concern is how it will affect AI gk's. Go jump down someone else's throat.

Whoa calm down mate, this is about the 3rd/4th post from you with an aggressive tone (FM pun intended).

I woudl say it is a bug as it effects every keeper, and they lose about 2/3 points a season (judging from the demo and what others have said). So i would believe this is a bug and would needed to be sorted out as the AI GK's will constantly lose this prioity attribute through-out a long game

dont you guys think, deleting the default schedule from the fm path and replacing it with your individual gk-schedule would solve the problem? just thought about it, but unfortunately didnt receive any answers, so that I dont know, whether there is existing a path with the default schedules from SI. unfortunately dont have the game myself and was just buying it, but am gonna wait for a patch to fix this problem. so, is there a path including the default schedules of SI? then we could just delete the one for the keepers, create our own schedule, in which positioning is being trained, name it after SI's default gk-schedule and save it into the same path. think, this could solve the problem, if we only could find the path :)

dont you guys think, deleting the default schedule from the fm path and replacing it with your individual gk-schedule would solve the problem? just thought about it, but unfortunately didnt receive any answers, so that I dont know, whether there is existing a path with the default schedules from SI. unfortunately dont have the game myself and was just buying it, but am gonna wait for a patch to fix this problem. so, is there a path including the default schedules of SI? then we could just delete the one for the keepers, create our own schedule, in which positioning is being trained, name it after SI's default gk-schedule and save it into the same path. think, this could solve the problem, if we only could find the path :)

This would work but only for the Human Player and not the AI. So only 3/4 Keepers in the whole game will be training for Positioning. The rest will lose points in it over the course of the game, not sure but i lost 2 points in about 6 months on the demo. Not sure if this becomes worse lower down the leagues or better the better the keeper/team..

This would work but only for the Human Player and not the AI. So only 3/4 Keepers in the whole game will be training for Positioning. The rest will lose points in it over the course of the game, not sure but i lost 2 points in about 6 months on the demo. Not sure if this becomes worse lower down the leagues or better the better the keeper/team..

I think what he is meaning is replace the defult GK schedule altogether, in theory the AI would then use the new GK schedule set up.

I think what he is meaning is replace the defult GK schedule altogether, in theory the AI would then use the new GK schedule set up.

Is this actually in place to begin with? or does the AI have it coded into the game as a general training program, rather than expanable one like we as human can implament/change?

lol, thats exactly what I mentioned.

1.create your own schedule, including positioning for goalkeepers and save it

2.find the path, in which the default schedules of SI are saved

3.delete the default schedule for goalkeepers and replace it with your own created schedule, which you give the same name as the default on from SI

this way, every single team, no matter whether AI or the human controlled teams, would use the same gk schedule.

Is this actually in place to begin with? or does the AI have it coded into the game as a general training program, rather than expanable one like we as human can implament/change?

From what i have read SI have stated that the AI has the same tools as us, so in theory they should use the same default training schedules as we get, again theoretically if your able to change the schedule it should be the new default for the game. Without confirmation from SI tho its just guessing im afraid.

lol, thats exactly what I mentioned.

1.create your own schedule, including positioning for goalkeepers and save it

2.find the path, in which the default schedules of SI are saved

3.delete the default schedule for goalkeepers and replace it with your own created schedule, which you give the same name as the default on from SI

this way, every single team, no matter whether AI or the human controlled teams, would use the same gk schedule.

Im guessing you could ask in the editors forum, the guys in there should be able to tell you this quite quickly.

From what i have read SI have stated that the AI has the same tools as us, so in theory they should use the same default training schedules as we get, again theoretically if your able to change the schedule it should be the new default for the game. Without confirmation from SI tho its just guessing im afraid.

thats exactly my theory. the question is, whether there is a path existing, in which the default schedules are saved...

if anyone knows it, pls tell us, where we can find it, this would really help us :)

would be nice, if someone from SI could also give us an aswer about this subject ;)

Problem is, I don't think it would be a direct file you could so neatly 'replace' with a new one

thats also my fear, but it would be enough, if someone, maybe from SI, could tell us, whether there is kind of a xml file existing, in which training schedules are programmed/coded/mentioned and so on. this way, we may be able, to change the directory of the gk-schedule.

Archived