Windowed Mode

Hello

Probably a very daft question, but in previous FMs I have been able to play in windowed mode, but this year the option is greyed out in the preferences screen. Usually when this is the case I add "-windowed-small_screen" to the shortcut on my desktop and it works, but not this year.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to play in Windowed mode?

Thanks

Hello

Probably a very daft question, but in previous FMs I have been able to play in windowed mode, but this year the option is greyed out in the preferences screen. Usually when this is the case I add "-windowed-small_screen" to the shortcut on my desktop and it works, but not this year.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to play in Windowed mode?

Thanks

What screen resolution are you running in?

You can try --small_screen and/or --windowed (with two hyphens and if you use both, you need a space between the commands)

It is on Default (1024 x 768, 60.00 hz) not sure what it means though. I have other options of 70hz, 72hz, 75hz and 85hz.

Does this make a difference? I really dont know about these things!!

It is on Default (1024 x 768, 60.00 hz) not sure what it means though. I have other options of 70hz, 72hz, 75hz and 85hz.

Does this make a difference? I really dont know about these things!!

No that's fine, although FM is designed for a minimum of 1024 x 768. If you go any smaller than that, then you're risking losing information on screen for when you play it. Are you able to choose anything higher than 1024 x 768? For these type of situations, --small_screen is the correct command to use, as that should force Windowed Mode regardless, but it's unsupported.

You could try pressing ALT+ENTER when in the game too, to see if it lets you go into Windowed Mode via the keyboard shortcut.

• 2 weeks later...
What screen resolution are you running in?

You can try --small_screen and/or --windowed (with two hyphens and if you use both, you need a space between the commands)

please help!!! not working for me... i have a netbook Asus eeePC ... 1024 x 600 i think... PLEASE cant play game... :( ive tried both command lines..

Archived