Game is currently unavailable

Hi,

I purchased FM 2012 via steam, installed overnight. However when I now click play it comes up with the following message 'The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time.'

Has anybody else had this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks

• Administrators

The game will be updating to the latest patch. Give it a bit of time to finish downloading before trying to launch the game. You may need to restart Steam, but as said make sure the patch has fully downloaded before doing so. Thanks.

Hi there - I also have this message with no ongoing update. I tried the above step but it still says game unavailable try again later.

We have just released an update to the game, so it's probably trying to automatically apply this for you. If you leave Steam for a few minutes and look in your Steam game library, you should be able to see whether it's downloading the files or not. Once it's complete, it will still need a little bit of time to unpack and install itself automatically in the background.

Well how long to these updates take? It's had 2 hours and it doesn't say "updating" or "downloading".

How do you play offline? When I try and open FM it automatically tries to connect to steam. When I don't have internet and press "connect/open offline" or wotever it comes with an error saying no network connection

• Administrators

Again try verifying your cache as shown in the post above. I'd suggest once done exiting Steam and restarting then trying to launch the game. If this fails, verify again and it should run. Thanks.

Hi Guys

Tried loading game just now. Game unavailable please try later. So went and closed steam and started up again then verify integrity of game once it finished downloading it said something like couldnt be recognised downloads will be re evaluated or something?? what do i do?? game now loads by the way aswell.

Archived