Game freezes when i click next choose team to manage

have posted in technical issues but no response yet

have tried 3 times to start a new game using england down to Blue square n/s

i add new manager then click on next-choose to team to manage button and now for the third time of trying its still freezes at this point and says at top of window Football Manager 2012 (Not Responding) and has been like this now for over 30 mins

when i look in Task Manager it shows the cpu going up and down as well as the memory being used is up and down like a yo-yo but still the game is froze

b4 this try i loaded a save from demo and that loaded straight away

does the game have to process something when you press next b4 displaying the screen to chose a team to manage

this is really annoying now

before you say its my pc its only 4 months old and gave me 5 stars and 3.5 stars on the nations to play screen for what i'm trying to load

any help would be appreciated

I take it from the lack of responses that no-one else is getting this issue and are enjoing hte game at the moment!

I however haven't bought it so am willing to offer some assistance!

It may or may not have anything to do with it, but have you got customer graphics added into your my docs folder? Could be one of those causing an issue?

Clutching at straws here!

hi guys

been trying to play since i got up early

but everytime i get to completing my profile and press next - choose team to manage game just freezes and wont move on

have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions, done a complete removal and reinstall but still doing the same

pc is only 4 months old and everything is upto date as did full restore wednesday and made sure all drivers were upto date ready for release of this game and do not want to have to do another complete system restore

have PM'd Neil from SI and had no response even though hes been logged on the technical forums all night

and no other person from SI games will responsed either since they've come online in last 2 hours

That's unusual, did you previously have the demo installed?

If so, do you have a save game available from the demo to load? Can you try that, and then see if you have the same problem adding a new manager to the game?

And when you say you've tried everything, can you state specifically what you have tried?

neil d

did a complete system restore wednesday and updated all drivers when i did this

deleted cache files in user local folder on c:\ drive as in trouble shooting

deleted local cache and defragged through steam

uninstalled and reinstalled

tried loading a demo save that worked but couldn't add manager

have tried other suggestion further up and deleted all my personalised graphis for the game and am reinstalling now to see if that works

neil d

did a complete system restore wednesday and updated all drivers when i did this

deleted cache files in user local folder on c:\ drive as in trouble shooting

deleted local cache and defragged through steam

uninstalled and reinstalled

tried loading a demo save that worked but couldn't add manager

have tried other suggestion further up and deleted all my personalised graphis for the game and am reinstalling now to see if that works

You should definitely try a clean installation first, without adding any custom content, such as graphics and packs.

Out of curiosity, why did you do a system restore earlier in the week? Were you having any previous and unrelated problems with your machine prior to installing Football Manager 2012?

I've not seen any mention of you trying to verify the integrity of the game cache (through Steam) versus deleting the game cache and settings files (related to the game). Or rather, I'm not clear if you've done both? They are not the same thing, so it's worth doing both to see if one or the other are causing problems.

have verified cache through steam as well just done it again and its found something else to d/l, the graphics worked perfectly with the demo playing in england scotland and spain and as that is a shortened version of the full game, club id's won't have changed so custom team badges should work but have removed them and will see if that works

system restore: no was not having any problems b4 wednesday just thought i would tidy up system and have a completly clean and formatted drive ready for the new game hoping that i wouldn't having any problems like did last year

lets see if this fixes it

finally removing custom graphics has fixed problem can now play. just hope that while i've been trying all these fixes the custom database that i've done to level 9 will load and not cause any problems.

cant believe custom team badges using unique id's for FM12 didn't work and has cost me the last 6 hours trying to get it to work

I had this problem on last years game, I removed custom graphics containing kits & badges and the problem resolved itself.

You can even put the kits & badges back in the docs folder after you've created your manager & selected a team, and everything will work just fine.

Archived