Why have decent features been taken away?

I hope someone from SI can explain these changes as I cant see why they have been taken away?

1. Something small but helpful. Amount of days till next game in each squad. Gone?

2. The ability to ask your AM/coaches to pick a reserve side or u18 side from the players that are

avalaible? AM to pick players in your reserves and u18s sides. Also linked to this was the ability to

pick and save selections in your reserves and u18's. I used to have more teams that just my Reserves and u18's I would have a B side(For u19's) Also a u18 B side. And I would also have occational u17 games to ready the next season u18's I alos would have occational 3rd team matches for players who dont make the reserve side that are older than 19. You can take charge of the team yourself and then do it but how annoying is it to have to do that everytime.

3. Overview option gone? When you could look at your whole squad in columns.

4. Non competitive average ratings. Once again it seems this is invisable once a player moves on or goes on loan or next season you cant check back etc. So annoying! On old fm's you could see a non competitive rating from the season before.

5. Not able to click on reserve and youth team from home page. On fm10 you had easy access and could go to both from the home screen. Now you have to click on the Team name and select from their. A bit annoying?

6. Abilty to see what tactics you used for a certain game. As if its a few months on from that game and you click on the formation you see what the tactics was called but not what it was. And if you edit the formation like I do during the season then your lost?

7. Being able to decide what order your players are listed in the match squad. Used to love having it with left winger at the bottom. eg, gk, rb, lb, cb, cb, cm, rw, cm, cf, cf, lw. Gone from fm 07 or 07 i think it was there last.

8. Being able to click on the little team tab at the bottom of a teams squad and get the links to other teams in that division. Now its just a link to there youth and reserve team? What is going on? It works on the divisional teams that are playable but not on the unplayable ones like it used to.

Now I am one of the very few people that moan. But to take away all these things that really used to help me is very odd? Its like options have been taken away for no reason? I cant think why at all? I really like some of the new options but all these things I have listed I really used to use alot. Some were taken away from fm06 and I was hoping they would return, and some have been taken away from fm10 as thats the current one i play and sill think its the best version. Just the match engine on fm12 is alot better. Plus team talks etc has been improved.

Hope some people agree with me and someone can explain why these have been taken away?

1- I didn't realise how much I used relied on and loved this feature till I noticed it was gone in the demo. Minor annoyance, but I just don't know why it would be removed. Surely more effort to get rid than leave it as it was? Bout the only thing I'm really annoyed about tbh and even then its only a mild annoyance so all in all positives all round.

1 - I haven't played the game yet (never play demos, always wait for the real thing) because my new laptop isn't arriving till early next week, but, this will be a small feature I miss, easy on the eye to check how much resting time you have till next game.

Exactly Ting, I used it all the time as really took time on my Reserves and u18s and needed to know how many days till next game. I will keep bumping this thread till I get a reply for SI why this feature was taken away. Its just scandalous. You pay 30 quid and its like your a nobody. This feature was only a help. And surely more trouble to take it away than to leave it in. I am certain fm10 has more features that are useful than fm12. To me its a backstep. I think I will be going back to fm10, Really gutted.

1. The way I see it, it's just a small piece of code that SI could put back in with a patch. That feature pissed me off when I noticed that it was gone in demo. Hopefully SI cares enough and brings it back. Why it was removed is for me a million dollar question.

Agree 100% with 1.

It was a super feature and a lot is lost from the game without it.

However, if I recall correctly, I'm sure I saw somewhere that it was removed because it was causing some kind of error elsewhere in the game and they found removing it to be the best workaround.

7 - thank heavens that's gone - striker should ALWAYS be last

5 - annoys me, can't (quickly) see the u18s - find it easier to use the filters now

But on 7 it was an option to change it if you wanted. I loved the way it always used ot be. LW last. So used to it as I am old school and played Footi manager when it was championship manager and thats how the players were always sorted.

another thing I actually couldnt do even in FM11...how do I know how strong a player on loan is?i cannot scout

him etc...playing with Taranto in Serie C1A

Are you sure that is not just an issue with the player playing in a league outside your allowed scouting range. I've never had a problem with scouting players at loan clubs (though I would like to get proper reports on players I have out on loan, not the "Player X played today. He made a few good tackles and had a shot").

#1 was mentioned in the demo feedback thread..as I recall one of the Devs popped in and said that it would be looked at for to be put back in for a patch (wasn't sure why it was gone).

Someone mentioned the add/remove leagues, you cannot do it midseason can you? How does it actually work,and when does it come in effect?

You can select leagues to add at any time---but they will not actually add (or delete) until the start of the next season for that particular league.

My main frustration, other than not seeing the number of days for next fixture, is in the tactics screen. Before, we were able to change team and player tactics on the same screen which was quick and convenient, now we have to click between 2 screens which is less user friendly. They are both basically tied one to another so I don't think having those options on different screen makes much sense.

My main frustration, other than not seeing the number of days for next fixture, is in the tactics screen. Before, we were able to change team and player tactics on the same screen which was quick and convenient, now we have to click between 2 screens which is less user friendly. They are both basically tied one to another so I don't think having those options on different screen makes much sense.

Agree with this, can't stand the UI on this release - seems to take longer to do everything (tactics, team talks, even viewing profiles/squads unless you change the default option). A real step back in this respect and I'm holding off buying the game because of it.

Something else I have noticed is the option to have 3 or 4 players attacking the same position on corners. Now you have to swap with a player and only have one person on each run, pathetic! Really disappointed SI. This game could have been the best of the lot but for the features i mentioned taken away. For me the best overall version now is still fm10. The only real great improvement from that to fm12 is the better graphics and match engine. In saying that their are parts of it that look silly. eg players skipping sideways to move into position lol? I have never seen this in a real game. And on fm10 I dont think they side skip like this. Also players bump off eachother weirdly.

"6. Abilty to see what tactics you used for a certain game. As if its a few months on from that game and you click on the formation you see what the tactics was called but not what it was. And if you edit the formation like I do during the season then your lost?"

Wait, could you clarify this one a bit? If I'm properly understanding your complaint here, this was already the case in FM11 as well: You can go back to previous fixtures and view the formation and tactic name, but no further details about the tactic itself.

But I don't have FM12 yet, so I don't know if you're describing something different altogether.

"6. Abilty to see what tactics you used for a certain game. As if its a few months on from that game and you click on the formation you see what the tactics was called but not what it was. And if you edit the formation like I do during the season then your lost?"

Wait, could you clarify this one a bit? If I'm properly understanding your complaint here, this was already the case in FM11 as well: You can go back to previous fixtures and view the formation and tactic name, but no further details about the tactic itself.

But I don't have FM12 yet, so I don't know if you're describing something different altogether.

I am on about this being changed from fm06 i think it was. Im not just talking about changes from fm11 to fm12. Im talkign about changes from any past FM's that were really good.

What annoys me is that they've changed how the game lists players on matchdays so that, instead of remaining static on the list, they jump around. This is especially annoying when you make a substitution, then move the player you just brought on to a different position on the pitch. In the list on the left, the player you took off jumps to the new position. There's no need for this. The list should be static. The pitch view on the right shows me where everyone is playing.

For example, it's annoying that if I take a striker off and bring a defender on and then move the defender to his natural position at the back, the striker I remove will jump on the list into the middle of the defenders.

It's all very minor but damn annoying and I can't see why they changed it. I think FM10 was the first one where it suddenly went like this.

What annoys me is that they've changed how the game lists players on matchdays so that, instead of remaining static on the list, they jump around. This is especially annoying when you make a substitution, then move the player you just brought on to a different position on the pitch. In the list on the left, the player you took off jumps to the new position. There's no need for this. The list should be static. The pitch view on the right shows me where everyone is playing.

For example, it's annoying that if I take a striker off and bring a defender on and then move the defender to his natural position at the back, the striker I remove will jump on the list into the middle of the defenders.

It's all very minor but damn annoying and I can't see why they changed it. I think FM10 was the first one where it suddenly went like this.

Sounds like a bug that? I dont get that? Unless Im miss understanding what you mean?

I am on about this being changed from fm06 i think it was. Im not just talking about changes from fm11 to fm12. Im talkign about changes from any past FM's that were really good.

Oh.

The fact that you started this thread the day FM12 was released made that a little confusing, I think. Well, good luck with your quest in getting six-year-old features restored! :-)

Oh.

The fact that you started this thread the day FM12 was released made that a little confusing, I think. Well, good luck with your quest in getting six-year-old features restored! :-)

Tell me about it. Its something I used to use all the time. Was a brill feature. I once got Barnet into the Championship on fm06 and I wanted to look back to the tactics I played when I was in the conference and you could even still see all the individual instructions and team instructions that you used for every game years and years down the line. Now you only see what formation you played.

Tell me about it. Its something I used to use all the time. Was a brill feature. I once got Barnet into the Championship on fm06 and I wanted to look back to the tactics I played when I was in the conference and you could even still see all the individual instructions and team instructions that you used for every game years and years down the line. Now you only see what formation you played.

As somebody who is pretty obsessive about my tactics and other decisions, I agree with you that it would be a nice feature to have. It's hard for me to remember what changes I've made from one month to the next, let alone what I was using a season ago. Having that information available would be an extremely valuable reference.

It would also be nice to see more detail about other teams' tactics as well. At least the tactics from their latest game, if storing a whole season's worth is too unwieldy or whatever.

Maybe it's a size/space issue. If so, it should at least be an option for users who don't mind having huge saves.

The number of days information has come and gone from previous versions of CM/FM too. I remember wishing they'd put it back in and then one year it reappeared and now it is gone again... I have missed it before, good to see I'm not alone in wanting that information. Personally not enjoying the interface this year, seems like hard work, which is a shame after last years improvements. Also, the font size is too small again, must I play with the .xml once again..? SI seem to be spending a lot of time reinventing the wheel each year with regards to the interface.

Things are either too small or too big in the new UI, there's no middle ground (which is what FM2011 was all around). Running full screen is makes the font seem too small and presents useless information overload, running windowed is better but some things are unnecessarily big - the season stats box on a player profile screen, kits on the club profile screen, stadium information - all just unnecessary and given its own large box with not enough information to fill it. Let's face it, there's no new information being displayed from last year's version, it's just this year it's spread out more.

Not a fan of the new font in general to be honest. I don't mean to be so negative, I'm just struggling to get around the UI changes in the demo.

Something else I have noticed is the option to have 3 or 4 players attacking the same position on corners. Now you have to swap with a player and only have one person on each run, pathetic!

That's so you can't overrun an area with lots of players to guarantee goals.

This is annoying.

Archived