Wage budget/Transfer budget

• Administrators

The board set limits based on squad status - you can see this in the Finances screen. Does it match up for you? If not, can you post this in the bugs forum please?: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/242-Transfer-and-Contracts

I'm Ipswich and have £2mill in the bank with around 20k spare for wages, but I can't offer a player more than 2k a week! Even when I adjust I can't eventhough I have a lot of dough in the bank?

Why would this be?

I'am having the excate same problem mate.

It seems that FM12 takes into account how many players you are currently offering contracts to, so if you are trying to sign loads of people at once, the amount of wages you can offer some of them will drop. Seems to be a way of limiting how in FM11 you could end up signing loads of players at the same time and go massively over your wage budget despite the fact that if you'd try to sign them all one after another the board would have restricted what you could offer at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If you've offered players wages then the board take this into account and deduct this from what you can offer other players. This is to prevent you offering 5 players 100k a week when you only have 100k left in your budget.

If you've offered players wages then the board take this into account and deduct this from what you can offer other players. This is to prevent you offering 5 players 100k a week when you only have 100k left in your budget.

I'm not sure I like this change. Surely they should let us offer 100k a week to each player, but then after signing the first player the others should just get cancelled.

Love this change since I ruined a couple saves earlier by being a bit too eager with bringing in free transfers, but I've been wondering one thing. Is the salary for players scheduled to transfer out and/or coming to the end of their contracts then added to the amount you can offer?

I noticed being a bit limited in what salary I can offer in the mid season transfer window when I want to replace overpaid benchwarmers with free agents, but haven't been able to figure out how it works exactly.

I'm not sure I like this change. Surely they should let us offer 100k a week to each player, but then after signing the first player the others should just get cancelled.

Why dont YOU then cancel the transfer offer's yourself then sign the player you want. I accept he may not join and you then have to start a gain but thats life in the football world isn't it?

Why dont YOU then cancel the transfer offer's yourself then sign the player you want. I accept he may not join and you then have to start a gain but thats life in the football world isn't it?

I'd happily cancel it myself as another alternative. My point was that I'd like the chance to make simultaneous offers, rather than offer player A £100k a week but then can't offer a contract to players B-E because player A may or may not accept his contract.

Archived