[FM 2012] Montreal Impact get added to MLS?

It's a league issue because MLS runs January to October. They implement changes based on the European schedule and since Montreal is not in until 4-5 months later...so it goes. or at least that was the answer I was given when I asked this question last year. Knd of sucks since Vancouver will be finishing their 1st full season this weekend. Seems as though the process is late..

You guys should open talks with the MLS for expansion teams and future games. I can't imagine it to be too hard to acquire the rights as it is technically the league that own the image rights.

If the Cosmos end up being the 20th MLS team in the 2013 season, I will be damned if I have to wait for FM 2014!

• 1 month later...

To be fair to SI, MLS only announced the league competition format for next season (1st season with Montreal) last weekend. It changes the league structure a bit and the schedule a lot. Next season teams won't play a balanced schedule at all. For example, the 9 western conference teams will play each other 3 times and the then play the other conference (10 teams) just once each total. That will be the 34 game schedule. The Eastern teams do something similar. The play off format has changed yet again. MLS has legitimate reasons for doing things these ways but it doesn't make it easy on SI to keep up!

I'm an LA Galaxy season ticket holder that has played football manager (or championship manager) since 1998. I think I'm finally going to give the MLS league a go in 2012. Sounds like it is a pretty faithful representation of my lovely little league.

Archived