What's a filipino team doing in FM?

Ok guys, could you please do me a favor? Could you open your editors and search for Silliman. You'll find that its the only Filipino team in the game. And Mr. Alvin Montanes is the only player. He's born in 1985.

I graduated from Silliman University and met my wife there, way back. Its in Dumaguete City, a small province in the Philippines. Now how the heck does a university (especially a not so famous one world wide) get into FM? I mean... they don't even have a football league for crying out loud! To make it worst, they call it soccer!

What about bigger schools like University of the Philippines, or Ateneo, or something? And who the heck is this Alvin guy!? There has never been a famous Filipino football player ever! Except for the half Filipinos like Jamie Hall. And I don't think he even cares about improving the Filipino community.

Is there a Filipino in the SI team? Cuz I wanna wack him silly. This is such a weird discovery for me. Has anyone found anything bizzare and ironic like what I found?

Ok guys, could you please do me a favor? Could you open your editors and search for Silliman. You'll find that its the only Filipino team in the game. And Mr. Alvin Montanes is the only player. He's born in 1985.

I graduated from Silliman University and met my wife there, way back. Its in Dumaguete City, a small province in the Philippines. Now how the heck does a university (especially a not so famous one world wide) get into FM? I mean... they don't even have a football league for crying out loud! To make it worst, they call it soccer!

What about bigger schools like University of the Philippines, or Ateneo, or something? And who the heck is this Alvin guy!? There has never been a famous Filipino football player ever! Except for the half Filipinos like Jamie Hall. And I don't think he even cares about improving the Filipino community.

Is there a Filipino in the SI team? Cuz I wanna wack him silly. This is such a weird discovery for me. Has anyone found anything bizzare and ironic like what I found?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Is there a Filipino in the SI team? Cuz I wanna wack him silly. This is such a weird discovery for me. Has anyone found anything bizzare and ironic like what I found? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm down! Why do you want to wack someone silly for adding a team into the game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife:

He was asking why it was there a simple question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's up to him to tell us a reason why they shouldn't be in the game.

Filipinos do play football (or soccer I believe...)

Although I can't speak for the "bigger" universities, there is no good reason for this team not to be here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife:

He was asking why it was there a simple question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's up to him to tell us a reason why they shouldn't be in the game.

Filipinos do play football (or soccer I believe...)

Although I can't speak for the "bigger" universities, there is no good reason for this team not to be here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And also why he wants to hit someone over it! Why should a team not be on there if someone knows about it and decides to add it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Ok guys, could you please do me a favor? Could you open your editors and search for Silliman. You'll find that its the only Filipino team in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 5 Filipino teams in my save game. None of them are Silliman.

Maybe you guys misinterpret what I meant. I'm not really gonna wack him. Guess I just need more emoticons icon_biggrin.gif

Although the gun idea by swarfega would be really nice icon_biggrin.gif

The point is, its not accurate. And with my limited knowledge of real football database, for once I could say that this one is REALLY not accurate. Hooray for me!

Silliman is not a legitimate competitive team. But what I would really want to know is, how in the world did SI ever know about Silliman? Its just an ordinary university with no football significance.

Among all the better universities out there , why Silliman... WHYYYYYYYY!!! Oh the agony... icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burscoughnian:

What's a Filipino doing on the SI forums?!

Just kidding. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I'm rare I tell you... very rare. LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

i've got no silliman in my game, only the Negro Occidentals.

i can image the chants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Negro? Or Negros? Occidental? You sure? Cuz Negros Oriental is more prolific though.

And yes, the chants are pretty much with drums, hands clapping, and some hip boom bah. Um... lets just say its a mixture of African, American, and Indian cheers. Pretty neat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Q2thaz:

The answer is easy - whilst he was at University back in 2002 (Check is non playing history icon_wink.gif) he was also playing for the Philippines in the ASEAN cup. Would explain how he found himself in the game icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll venture a guess... maybe its because of Mr. Alvin, that Silliman University made it to FM from the first place... but seriously, if there was a kid in the province who made it to the nationals (Even if we have a crappiest national team in South East Asia) it sure be news.

But still, maybe its cuz of him that Silliman was put into FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

http://i29.servimg.com/u/f29/12/00/58/03/fgnhad10.jpg

i'm not sure of the board code, but there they are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one icon_smile.gif

But Negros Occidental is a region. Its not a province, a city, nor municipal. Its the northern region of Negros Oriental. Hmmm, do they really have a team? I'll check it out and keep you posted. Thanks mate.

http://i29.servimg.com/u/f29/12/00/58/03/fgnhad10.jpg

i'm not sure of the board code, but there they are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one icon_smile.gif

But Negros Occidental is a region. Its not a province, a city, nor municipal. Its the northern region of Negros Oriental. Hmmm, do they really have a team? I'll check it out and keep you posted. Thanks mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they're all greys if that helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Q2thaz:

The answer is easy - whilst he was at University back in 2002 (Check is non playing history icon_wink.gif) he was also playing for the Philippines in the ASEAN cup. Would explain how he found himself in the game icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll venture a guess... maybe its because of Mr. Alvin, that Silliman University made it to FM from the first place... but seriously, if there was a kid in the province who made it to the nationals (Even if we have a crappiest national team in South East Asia) it sure be news.

But still, maybe its cuz of him that Silliman was put into FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a bit more Googling - he became a qualified Civil Engineer in 2006 and was the 2nd choice keeper of the Phillipines at the 2004 Tiger cup as well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

Anyone who clicks that link and doesn't want to manage Crazy Horse FC or indeed Negros Occidental doesn't have a soul. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm drawn to Dipolog and Wild Cebu Fashion myself.

Ok guys, could you please do me a favor? Could you open your editors and search for Silliman. You'll find that its the only Filipino team in the game. And Mr. Alvin Montanes is the only player. He's born in 1985. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a few Filipino teams in my database, such as the 2 Negros and Kaya.

Poor Alvin only has a Current Ability of 8 icon_eek.gif - leave the poor guy alone!

There is, of course, one Filipino who is an absolute FM legend: Phil Younghusband, who is a Chelsea youth player.

Why an FM legend? Well apparently he was only called up to represent The Philippines when someone found out his nationality from the FM database! icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Ok guys, could you please do me a favor? Could you open your editors and search for Silliman. You'll find that its the only Filipino team in the game. And Mr. Alvin Montanes is the only player. He's born in 1985. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a few Filipino teams in my database, such as the 2 Negros and Kaya.

Poor Alvin only has a Current Ability of 8 icon_eek.gif - leave the poor guy alone!

There is, of course, one Filipino who is an absolute FM legend: Phil Younghusband, who is a Chelsea youth player.

Why an FM legend? Well apparently he was only called up to represent The Philippines when someone found out his nationality from the FM database! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I78795qYy7I

Very interesting video about them husbands!

tbf,

this doesn't explain why a non-existant club / insignificant team is in the db, nor why he is but not the rest of the squad.

Archived