[MAC] Run FM12 windowed 1280x800

Hey guys,

I have a MacBook Pro 13" which runs at 1280x800 resolution. On FM11 I could edit the info.plist file of the FM11.app and add:

<key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>

<integer>4</integer>

When I add that to the FM11 file, it makes FM11 run and auto hides the Mac dock bar and title bar when FM11 is the active window. Allowing us Mac users to have FM fit our display perfectly, but still be able to have it in windowed mode for easy app switching.

Now FM12 has to be installed via Steam I cannot get the same thing to happen. I've gone to the Steam folder, found the FM12 demo folder and edited the FM12demo.app info.plist file and added the same line so it's the same as FM11, but when I launch Steam and then launch the FM12 demo, it just runs fullscreen.

There must be a way round this surely?! Any help greatly appreciated!

Go to Users/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common - right click the fm file, click 'Show Package Contents' and the info.plist file is there. If you're on Lion you need to enter this command into Terminal to see the Users/Library folder (without quote marks):

"chflags nohidden ~/Library/"

Go to Users/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common - right click the fm file, click 'Show Package Contents' and the info.plist file is there. If you're on Lion you need to enter this command into Terminal to see the Users/Library folder (without quote marks):

Thanks man

Does it matter where I enter the <key>LSUIPresentationMode</key> <integer>4</integer> or no?

Nothing should pop up in Terminal, it just means you've unhidden the folder in which the steam data is. All you need to do is go to the Macintosh HD, click Users, then your account, and the Library folder will have appeared. Click Application Support, then Steam, then SteamApps and then Common. You'll find the fm file in there.

The info.plist inside the contents folder of the fm.app. Under the <dict> in the 5th line copy the code in the OP:

<integer>4</integer>

then close TextEdit and it should work. Make sure you backup the original fm.app so you don't break it.

The info.plist inside the contents folder of the fm.app. Under the <dict> in the 5th line copy the code in the OP:

<integer>4</integer>

then close TextEdit and it should work. Make sure you backup the original fm.app so you don't break it.

How would I go about backing up the original fm.app file?

Sorry for asking all these questions. Just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

It didn't work for me either. The whole game still doesn't show up. The top and bottom are too big for the screen.

Yes. Did you copy it as it's shown above? If not it might not have done anything. Try editing it again and making sure it's in windowed mode.

Ok I the top is now visible, but the bottom isn't fully. I think it'll work, but is there a way for the bottom to fully show up. Also after pasting the FM.app file onto my desktop, it now doesn't show the logo. Is that a problem?

What exactly does this do? I am on a 13" Macbook Pro and Windowed mode always seems a bit off to me, doesn't fit in the screen fully :(

This makes it fit the screen properly. It hides the dock and the menu bar at the top temporarily while the FM window is in use. Means you've basically got it full screen but it's windowed, the most convenient way of having it. I've got a 13" MBP, I find this essential.

• 3 weeks later...

This is brilliant! I'm new to mac so this all looked a bit confusing but I've followed the instructions above and this worked perfectly on my Macbook Pro - it'll make a big difference so thanks guys. To those asking for a working file to be posted, sorry but I don't know how to do that!

Its not working for me :/ I've pasted it under the 5th line (under dict) but still it goes underneath my dock. Can't think what I may of done wrong but its bugging me haha.

Should all the instructions in this thread be enough to sort it out?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but can anyone help me? I've written the codes into the info.plist file, and set FM12 to windowed mode, but yet it still isn't working, hope I'm doing something stupid wrong haha, any help would be excellent!

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

When FM is running, pin it to your dock.

Right-Click -> Options -> Show in Finder

Then Right-Click -> Show Package Contents to get to the plist file.

I follow the instructions and go into the FM file folders, but there is no info.plist file, how is that?

Archived