Gamesplanet.com Pre-order

I just ordered from Gamesplanet where, before I paid, it stated that I would receive a download link by 00.00 tonight. However, my payment confirmation email says that they will be sending it from 01:00. Has anyone else had this? This is rediculous! I was hoping to have the link straight away so I could pre-load; instead I have to wait til 1am, and then wait for it to download which could take hours! So I won't get playing tonight at all.

Anyone know anything about this? Has anyone received their download link yet from gamesplanet?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought directly from us-sega.gamesplanet, in game information they say that download link will be sent - 10/20/2011 at 19:00 EDT, which is 01:00 my time, and thats fine.

But confirmation email says this: You have pre-ordered with us and will thus receive your download links and activation key by email from 2011-10-21 00:00 EST.

Which is 07:00 my time.

So I am confused now.

01:00 is not fair! I bought it from them under the knowledge that I'd have it BY 00:00, not AFTER 01:00. They have some nerve! If I get the code at 01:00 I'd still have to wait a few hours til the game's downloaded which I can't do.

Not happy

Sent email about 3hrs ago to support and still no response, really don't understand why they cant have given out the activation key a bit early so we can pre-download the game, just mean people will go elsewhere next time to store that did.

01:00 is not fair! I bought it from them under the knowledge that I'd have it BY 00:00, not AFTER 01:00. They have some nerve! If I get the code at 01:00 I'd still have to wait a few hours til the game's downloaded which I can't do.

Not happy

You're not on CET time if you're where your location says...:D

You should all have received your emails prior to midnight - I'm told the remaining unsent ones will be done between now and then. If not, please check your spam folders, and let me know.

You're not on CET time if you're where your location says...:D

You should all have received your emails prior to midnight - I'm told the remaining unsent ones will be done between now and then. If not, please check your spam folders, and let me know.

I never said I was. My email says I'll receive it from 01:00 British time. This is unacceptable lol

i also pre ordered from gamesplanet.com through sigames preorder link.But...even if the website was saying that i will be able to have the download link and the activation code at 00.00,in the confirmation email it said i will receive them at 01.00!That sucks!I m from Greece and on 00.00 british time it will be 02.00 here so i decided to stay so i can download it.to my surprise i have to wait for more...

I won t buy from them again...and that s sigame s responsibility as well!

I paid for having the link at 00.00(02.00 my time) not one hour later!!!

i also pre ordered from gamesplanet.com through sigames preorder link.But...even if the website was saying that i will be able to have the download link and the activation code at 00.00,in the confirmation email it said i will receive them at 01.00!That sucks!I m from Greece and on 00.00 british time it will be 02.00 here so i decided to stay so i can download it.to my surprise i have to wait for more...

I won t buy from them again...and that s sigame s responsibility as well!

I paid for having the link at 00.00(02.00 my time) not one hour later!!!

your misunderstanding the email.. you'll get the game same time as everyone im 99% sure.... wait and see :)

and if not... get over it... its an hour difference

your misunderstanding the email.. you'll get the game same time as everyone im 99% sure.... wait and see :)

and if not... get over it... its an hour difference

Hour difference or not, This is a retailer used by SI/Sega stating on one page they will deliver a product at one time then when you purchase, Change said time. Its a matter of principles.

show me where SI said gamesplanet will unlock the game at 00:01 and i'll tip my hat to you...

gamesplanet is a seperate and self serving seperate entity to SI and sega.. and they cannot be seen as responsible for any clerical error on gamesplanets behalf....

issues are a fact of life... and i swear... people who use the term ' its a matter of principle' just ...grate.. through ..me .....

ive ordered from steam which unlocks at 00:01 but am fully aware , and happy in knowledge that steam will have their servers overloaded by all the simultanious downloads at 00:01 and i probably wont get it going at that time..... fact of life..... its fine...

id suggest everyone who cant do the same should live a little and see that its just life..

i didn t misunderstand the email!The fact is that they were saying for 00.00 before the purchase...in the confirmation they were saying this: "You have pre-ordered with us and will thus receive your download links and activation key by email from 21/10/2011 01:00 British Time.

"

show me where SI said gamesplanet will unlock the game at 00:01 and i'll tip my hat to you...

gamesplanet is a seperate and self serving seperate entity to SI and sega.. and they cannot be seen as responsible for any clerical error on gamesplanets behalf....

issues are a fact of life... and i swear... people who use the term ' its a matter of principle' just ...grate.. through ..me .....

ive ordered from steam which unlocks at 00:01 but am fully aware , and happy in knowledge that steam will have their servers overloaded by all the simultanious downloads at 00:01 and i probably wont get it going at that time..... fact of life..... its fine...

id suggest everyone who cant do the same should live a little and see that its just life..

Nobody has said SI or SEGA have said gamesplanet customers will get it at 00:01. We are saying that gamesplanet told us (before buying) we would have it codes before 00:00. But once we paid, they say 01:00. That isn't right. Simple as that.

I never said Si said gameplanet would unlock the game at 00:01 Bst, I said Gameplanet said they would, I said SI/Sega are selling via this online retailer....

when a company decides to put a pre order link in its website...they should know that what is advertised in there is true!otherwise it s their fault also!

If the pre order link was a scam i would have said the same!

BY THE WAY...U RE SIGAMES LAWYER?Stick to your life

Stick to your life :D Sound advice.

Big hoo-ha over nothing. The site obviously uses an American system (not uncommon) for dealing with order confirmations, and they can't cope with GMT/CET. Basically, that site will believe that in England right now, it is 23:53, ergo you will get the code at what they believe is 01:00.

I'm not 100% certain, but I've seen that plenty of times before (with Guild Wars games, I remember most clearly).

everybody is playin besides us...who choose gamesplanet.com :(

Mostly dissapointed in Si/Sega about this, Ever since they announced all tihs stuff about Steam and making sure they didnt have people playing the game whilst others couldnt, Then advertising a online retailer who well lets face it, Is utter tripe. Mega :thdn: For this.

Nothing here either.

Checked spam folder.

Really unhappy now. Sat up just to be able to play a few matches before bedtime that was 2 hours ago. :)

Youd think with Si/Sega using these as a link on there sites, Would atleast make sure they could handle it... Obviously not. And NO customer support WHATSOEVER.

Archived