Release Day patch

from activation thread

Patch Information:

I'm informed that the .exe that you download IS different to the demo code - i.e. the clever folk at SI have been working on a few tweaks and updates. At this point, I'm uncertain as to what they are. They always post changelogs to their patches and I'm sure when Miles gets off a plane, train or whatever automobile he is in doing his PR thing, he'll be on here with an update. What I guess that means is that there won't be a "Day One Patch" that you need to wait for - we've provided it prior to launch. What I can't speak for is the need for any further patches and if, or when, they may be made available - again, we need SI to cover that. I also stipulate "guess" - I am not the expert and there may be more info to come from SI. Please don't ask any more, as I don't know about the content - sorry - Miles is already going to tell me off for telling you this, but I'm trying to prevent a long list of posts all asking the same questions. If I don't answer you tomorrow, you'll know why...

im confused as to what he meant on this sticky thread. says they have provided a patch prior to launch? and the .exe we download is different to the demo? im confused, download what?

When you activate at 0001 it will check for updates automatically and download them, they will include the .exe file which is the piece you're currently missing and also any patch they have configured, I doubt you'll se it as other than a single download and it won't be very big.

Archived