So then, on the eve of hibernation i ask myself and you......

In your opinion is this years FM2012 out of the box, the most bug free game there has been in the series of FM games?

Very impressed with this years version of the demo. Im glad to see SI learnt their lesson from 2011 shambles of a demo and release version of FM.

Well done to SI, Sega and all the team testers this year, long may this continue for further releases of the FM series.

Seems like they listened to previous criticism and focused their efforts this year or fixing all the bugs, especially in the ME rather than shove too many big new features in. Very wise decision. It also looks like they do have big new features lined up, including a big leap forward for the ME but they are taking an extra year to thoroughly test and develop everything so that FM13 will be nigh-on bug-free too. Gonna be good, fellas!

In your opinion is this years FM2012 out of the box, the most bug free game there has been in the series of FM games?

Very impressed with this years version of the demo. Im glad to see SI learnt their lesson from 2011 shambles of a demo and release version of FM.

Well done to SI, Sega and all the team testers this year, long may this continue for further releases of the FM series.

Completely agree, but it will be interesting to see if the adding and taking away of leagues is plain sailing or has its problems. The fact that it has been in development for a few years lets hope it is the former.

best demo i have played so far. si have done a much better job this year. i havent spotted any bugs at all so the only thing i can think of that would need a patch is any updates from the last 2 weeks. i also look forward to seeing how the youth selection thing works for the new intake every summer.

No.

Positioning has been moved from the tactics training category to the defending category, meaning goalkeepers don't train positioning anymore.

Some screenshots of the problem (after 6 months with tottenham in the demo)

Gomes:

GomesTraining_Overview.png

Brad Friedel:

BradFriedelTraining_Overview.png

Oscar Jansson:

OscarJanssonTraining_Overview.png

Ben Alnwick:

BenAlnwickTraining_Overview.png

Positioning is listed as an important attribute for goalkeeping, no matter if you play a normal keeper or a sweeper keeper.

It not only affect the keepers in your team, but every single keeper in the game. When you might be able to save your own keepers with either defending training or positioning individual training, you can do nothing for the other keepers in the game.

They had a similar problem last year with composure being in the shooting catagory. Is this still the case? Does positioning effect keepers anyway? I know in real life it does but does it in FM?

Both the sweeper keeper and the normal keeper list positioning as one of the key attributes.

Composure is in the tactics category now.

The problem with moving positioning is that its not added to one of the goalkeeping categories, if thats done the bug is solved. I reckon it should be in Shot Stopping, if you look at the attributes there it seems like the right place for it.

I think they just forgot to take a look at the default training schedules when moving positioning and see what problems might arise.

Both the sweeper keeper and the normal keeper list positioning as one of the key attributes.

Composure is in the tactics category now.

The problem with moving positioning is that its not added to one of the goalkeeping categories, if thats done the bug is solved. I reckon it should be in Shot Stopping, if you look at the attributes there it seems like the right place for it.

I think they just forgot to take a look at the default training schedules when moving positioning and see what problems might arise.

I wish we could edit catagorys, I often find myself annoyed at my 5ft 6 striker wasting points in jumping when I just want his stamina and stregth to improve. And when I set high shooting training on my striker who never takes long shots yet his finishing and composure stay the same and his 4 long shots becomes 7 :@

I wish we could edit catagorys, I often find myself annoyed at my 5ft 6 striker wasting points in jumping when I just want his stamina and stregth to improve. And when I set high shooting training on my striker who never takes long shots yet his finishing and composure stay the same and his 4 long shots becomes 7 :@

I have remade my schedules for this year, my strikers barely have shooting training anymore, I just set individual training to finishing:thup:

Archived