A question about UI - How to "dumb it down"

So I broke down and bought the game. It would have been the first time in 7 years if I hadn't, so I guess it proves I'm an addict.

Anyway, now that I'm like everybody else, waiting on Steam to let me play, I have a question--how can I take off all the info that I see in every darned screen? I don't want to see so many things in one screen. Basically, I'd like the screen to stay like I was in 11 at the most. I played the 12 demo and I felt like I had been working at the office for two hours after being done. Straining my eyes to read all the info, and having to go through loads of over-informed screens to actually find what I wanted to read. It's just too much for me--maybe I'm old school.

Anyway, I've read about how you can stop the game from going to the "overview" screens when you click on player/team, but is there any way to actually take off some of the info I see in all of these screens? Just wondering.

T24

That doesn't really answer his question.

I haven't found a way, you might have to wait for a "Simple" Skin to be released that takes off some of the information. I'm with you, playing the game for any length of time is an absolute chore because I'm constantly bombarded by information I don't want. The home screen is the worst for me.

The choice of font doesn't help matters. They've tried to use an Apple style font that's very smooth, but sadly also very condensed with hardly any spacing between the letters.

dOESN'T THE AMOUNT OF INFO DEPEND ON THE RESOLUTION? iF YOU CHANGE THE RESOLUTION YOU GET MORE/LESS ON THE SCREEN - I THINK.

[oops, sorry re. caps lock]

This isn't a good for solution for two reasons;

1) Setting a full screen resolution to something other than your monitor's native resolution results in a blurry and poor quality of display

2) Has no effect on Windowed Mode.

People have said to make the window small - this doesn't stop the game from trying to display too much information, it just crams it all into an even smaller space.

The ideal solution will be something the skinners provide, fwit I was horrified when I first saw the screen but it's grown on me and of course with time you know where to focus for what you're wanting to see, which mitigates the effects a bit.

WEll, then hopefully there will be a skin that will help. I guess there is no real answer. Weird--you can revert back in lots of features if you don't like it, but you're stuck looking at a small font, a spreadsheet-like information overload, and information everywhere you look.

Yeah, it was quite bad at the start, I had no idea where to find things, but my eyes seem to have gotten used to the GUI. I just look at the info I want to see and ignore the rest.

While you're ignoring the rest, your eyes and brain still process it somewhat, meaning that the game will still be more awkward to play than it should be.

Archived