Time off for FM

I was tempted to ask for the day off but I only started on Monday and although my manager isn't in on Friday, it's best I go in as I tried to leave 15 minutes early on Tuesday and she didn't look happy. I'll hope to leave around 3-4 on Friday.

We are allowed time off at work with pay if the request is "reasonable".Our shift manager does not think me having Friday off to play FM2012 is reasonable! No harm in asking I suppose.

What kind of job entails you having to justify your need for holiday to your manager? None of his/her business what you want it for, surely?

What kind of job entails you having to justify your need for holiday to your manager? None of his/her business what you want it for, surely?

This. As far as i was aware, you dont have to tell them why you need a holiday. Afterall, the holiday days are yours, you do what you want with them. Same principle applies when the gits want proof of a doctors appointment (this is usually the main reason given for a holiday; but is actually a lie :p), they're not allowed by law. (due to confidentiality). but yeh back on topic, just book the holiday. Sod it

Archived