On the Eve of FM 2012 release

There is a question that has always wondered me...

Why does it take so long for the game to be released?

I understand 8 weeks after the Transfer Window is not all that bad, but surely with 9-10 months to add new features, it could/should be possible to release the game soon after the window closes?

Not that its too big a thing, just curious.

The game takes a lot of testing, which if there are bugs can have a knock on effect and create other bugs. You also have the data lock which doesn't happen until a few weeks before the demo comes out iirc. Before the demo comes out the game has to go gold. Game making isn't easy from everything that gets said on the forums.

The game takes a lot of testing, which if there are bugs can have a knock on effect and create other bugs. You also have the data lock which doesn't happen until a few weeks before the demo comes out iirc. Before the demo comes out the game has to go gold. Game making isn't easy from everything that gets said on the forums.

I understand all this, but you'd imagine this would all be done by the end of the transfer window!!

I understand all this, but you'd imagine this would all be done by the end of the transfer window!!

To be fair i used to beta test for Microsoft xbox, And you can test a game from a week to months depending on bugs/glitchs i remember one game got sent back 4 months on the trot, So with just beta testing its a hard long slog!

Archived