I was raided by Newcastle!!!!

I am playing as Man Utd and was just starting my second season. I had won the Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, and Lost in the Semis of the Champions Cup so I was feeling pretty good going into the season.

Then I was raided by Newcastle!! icon_mad.gif

It first started with a bid on $5.5 mil bid on John O'Shea. He was unhappy about playing time and causing problems so he had to leave. Ok not a big issue, I still had some depth at defense

Then Mikael Silvestre started to complain about his playing time. Again in came Newcastle with a bid of $2 mil. The squad was getting mad with him so he had to go as well. Now I am little worried because my squad was shrinking.

Then when I thought it was over, they made a bid on Wes Brown for $3 mil. There was no way I would have accepted it because I had no depth but then to my utmost astonishment, the Chairman stepped in and ACCEPTED the deal saying it was too good to pass up!!! icon_eek.gif

Ok so now Wes Brown is gone and with him, most of my defense. So now Im trying to figure out what to do when THIS happens:

Prior to the start of my first season, I took advice from the good player forum and signed:

AMC Steven Defour for $3.4 mil. He did well for me, appeared in 30 games with 5 goals and 8 assists.

So all of a sudden several teams, Chelsea, Arsenal, Valencia, and a few others inquire if he can be sold which I say no because I like his potential.

Out of nowhere, Newcastle makes a bid of $25 mil for him!!! and whats more, Gill accepts this one as well!! icon_eek.gif and POOF - he is gone.

Granted I just picked up $35.5 mil for these guys but I was sorta in shock, I never had a experience like this before and I would never have thought it would come from Newcastle. I always would watch Chelsea and lately Arsenal but freakin NEWCASTLE????

Oh, did I mention that Gill also accepted a bid of $11.5 from Barca for Pique?? icon_rolleyes.gif

So I now have money but I have to replace my depth at defense plus sign another good AMC plus with Scholes and Giggs declining......all I can say is UGH (LOL)

Dont worry. Your chairman will still want you to win the league without all the players he sold. icon_smile.gif Good luck trying to sign new players since he has a tendency to do this at the end of the transfer season icon_smile.gif

Happened to me as well. I lost quite a few of my key players even though we are filthy rich. Luckily i managed to sign enough replacements to cover those holes. Not exactly realistic though.

newcastle love to raid my liverpool team to.

it seems that keegan thinks that we can be friends so he offers for all my rubbish.

a 29 year old riise? yep i'll give you 8million pounds.

a 27 year old saviola who i bought for 6mill, 1 and a half years ago and who has only played in 12 games in that time?

yep i'll give you 10mill.

keegans mad!!

This was something I had never seen before. Not only had I never seen Newcastle spend that much in one transfer season, I had NEVER had Gill accept bids before. In my many, many games with Man Utd, he never once accepted a deal before.

Of course the aftermath of all this was that with my transfer money plus the money I was given, I was able to sign Kaka icon_biggrin.gif

I never signed him before and I tied to get the lowest price I could but I figure I paid way too much for him but oh well, still fun to have him on the field with Veloso and Ronaldo at the same time

Archived