Opposition Scouting Reports

From what I can tell, the quality of opposition scouting reports given to you by your scouts is pretty bad. How many times have we seen this:

"Team X plays a defensive X-X-X formation, and looks to draw the opposition in before counterattacking. They benefit from a strong and organized defense, and their creative midfield is good at creating chances..."

This is pretty much the same thing I see for all teams, with maybe a few extra things thrown in depending on the team. This is pretty much useless to me, since I'll be able to see what formation they're playing before the match. It doesn't say anything about what the MC's do, for example, within a 4-4-2 -- do they play deep, or does one play further forward while the other remains in a defensive role? It's hard to really know what you're up against. The best way for me to try and figure out the opposition out is to look at their formation on the match preview screen, and individually click on players' attributes to see what kind of threat/quality they might be.

Is there some way to improve this?

On FM11 unfortunately no.

On FM12 If you click on the team you are going to play you will get a Team Report which will give you their Squad and Position Depth, Team Comparison, Tactical Analysis (how many goals scored and conceded using that tactic) and also Goals Analysis (Times, Types, Assists both for and against) and from that you can derive what their strengths and weaknesses are.

But has for the actual positional play i.e. a CM playing has a DM or a DPM or a BWM then no.

The scouting for FM12 has taken a step forward in regards to giving more information, maybe the positional play could be added in FM13 if enough people request it and SI think it is worth adding.

Archived