FM12 on 2 PC's?

OK, so I recently just bought a notebook and I'm wondering If I'm able to play FM12 on both my home PC and my labtop? I'm going to be transferring the save game file from notebook to PC (depending on which computer I'll be using at that time), but wondered if I'm allowed to use my genuine game on both PC's? Am I allowed to do this?

• SI Staff

Yeah you can do this. As long as you don't try to play at the same time on both machines you should be fine.

I have Steam on three machines for FM and I've not had any issues playing across all three. I use Dropbox to transfer my saved game file too and it works well.

Yeah you can do this. As long as you don't try to play at the same time on both machines you should be fine.

I have Steam on three machines for FM and I've not had any issues playing across all three. I use Dropbox to transfer my saved game file too and it works well.

What is Steam dropbox?

PS: Is the saved game file the only thing I need to transfer from 1 PC to another? Will player stats, history etc be transfered from the filename.fm or do I need to transfer another file for that too?

Quick question Ter: Do you think Steam Cloud will ever be available for FM or will it not be practical due to the save game size?

I think that was brought up earlier, the save game file is too large to work with steam cloud

• SI Staff
What is Steam dropbox?

PS: Is the saved game file the only thing I need to transfer from 1 PC to another? Will player stats, history etc be transfered from the filename.fm or do I need to transfer another file for that too?

Dropbox is a different application. If you install it on both your machines the same files will be in your "Dropbox" in both machines. If one file changes it will automatically sync on the other machine next time you open Dropbox. Google it. :)

• SI Staff
lawstraljan11 the USB is probably faster, it takes too long to upload and download from Dropbox. At least it did when I tried it

It depends how you use it. When I finished playing in the office I would drop my saved game into my Dropbox folder and by the time I had got home and turned my computer on and made my dinner or whatever then my saved game was there to continue with. Obviously if you want to quickly transfer to another machine then USB is the way to go.

It depends how you use it. When I finished playing in the office I would drop my saved game into my Dropbox folder and by the time I had got home and turned my computer on and made my dinner or whatever then my saved game was there to continue with. Obviously if you want to quickly transfer to another machine then USB is the way to go.

Can't you also back it up on the Steam servers?

Can't you also back it up on the Steam servers?

Not currently. Evidently Steam Cloud (the service that saves you game files) isn't available for FM because of the large save game files. I just read somewhere that it's a 100mb limit. You'd pass 100mb in about 4 seasons :(

Bit of shame because it would be a great feature to have.

Archived