League growth

Hey guys, first post on here!

I've been playing FM since 08 and finally loved the new feature last season where u can actually improve your league and get more CL spots via your progress in the actual competitions... i played mainly in the hungarian league and got 2 CL spots after 5 seasons, yet i didn't seem to be able to get any better players and some of my players still didn't want to sign contract extensions eventually

so i'm wondering does anyone know if they've made improvements in this years version and also if anyone went farther last year with lower leagues like mine and improved them, did u notice that u could sign better players eventually or get more money? thanks!

First up, Welcome to the forums!

Dynamic League Reputation is what it's officially called. I managed lower league (mainly around BSP + L2 + L1) and I attracted a few good french players to my squad but didn't really notice much of an impact in regards to League Rep.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how well the system worked last year...

This is due to the reputation of the club, rather than the league and nation. A club's reputation rises, but not so fast. If you win promotions every year, you will find that you are in a position that is higher than your club's reputation and so you will lose players. In England this happened to Blackpool last season. Generally, as in real life, you have to struggle to avoid relegation for a while as your reputation gradually increases and better players want to come - Stoke City is another English example.

I was just reading an article this afternoon about Central European clubs - I think Crvevda Zvevda (sorry about misspelling!) was mentioned. They win their league every year but cant make any progress in Europe because of poor quality. It happens!

It took around a decade for Italy's decline to really set in - it's going to take more than a decade for Hungary to develop in such a way.

If you do well, then the league indirectly benefits (increased revenues, including away revenues, due to the fact everyone wants to watch you; the fact you are likely to sell players to these clubs after developing them yourself, with better facilities; etc.), but this takes time. A lot of time. You can probably speed it somewhat up by deliberately helping your rivals (i.e. overpaying for transfers with them), but it always has been a long-term thing.

It worked fine for me. Took over at Dinamo in the Croatian league, and managed to improve the league's reputation to a current rank 6 in Europe (behind the top 5 England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany). This is a long-term thing though, as I'm in 2037 now, and after many years of dominating Europe (and Croatia) myself, the league is still not in the top 5. Took me 13 years to be ranked in the top 10 in Europe, and even then we dropped out again.

I do expect us to make the top 5 within a couple of years (or we would, if I weren't getting FM12). The other teams have improved massively and prize money has increased immensely (winning the league in 2011 netted me about 600k, while a win now is good for about €30M, not to mention the bags of TV money I get). Attendances are up as well, but ticket prices and stadium capacities are still pretty low compared to the other leagues, and increase only very slow (although this might actually be due to the Croatian economy being classed lower then other nations). Also, players somehow seem to accept lower wages then they would for other clubs outside Croatia.

It works, and if you have the time and patience to see it to the end, you could make any league the best in Europe.

I've played in Hungary up til 2046, the league has been at 10-13 in position for the last 15 years. I can't get it higher as the other clubs just don't do well enough in europe even though i've won the CL twice with Budafok. The difference in the squads of all hungarian sides is huge compared to the start due to the prize money - about 3.5 million pounds for winning the league (or would if Budafok hadn't won for 25 years!). Most clubs will spend several million on players each year, at the start most clubs spent about 10-100K a year. Tickets prices are still very low. TV revenue is still non-existant.

I think some countries develop better and faster than others, economy and importance of football may come into it.

I think Crvevda Zvevda (sorry about misspelling!) was mentioned. They win their league every year but cant make any progress in Europe because of poor quality. It happens!

Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade, Rotern Stern, Stella Rossa...) was European and World champion in 1991. Before that they have won domestic league many times. After that, Partizan won Serbian league 12 times, and Red Star only 6 times.

Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade, Rotern Stern, Stella Rossa...) was European and World champion in 1991. Before that they have won domestic league many times. After that, Partizan won Serbian league 12 times, and Red Star only 6 times.

I know their history; the point the article was making is that now they stroll to theitr domestic title every year, there is no competition. When they play in Europe their defence cant cope because they are never tested in their league. Therefore, the Serbian league is not improving its reputation, causing CZ to stagnate.

I've been playing FM since 08 and finally loved the new feature last season where u can actually improve your league and get more CL spots via your progress in the actual competitions...

This has always been in FM. It is dynamic league reputation that was introduced last year.

I know their history; the point the article was making is that now they stroll to theitr domestic title every year, there is no competition. When they play in Europe their defence cant cope because they are never tested in their league. Therefore, the Serbian league is not improving its reputation, causing CZ to stagnate.

CZ hasn't even won a domestic title in 5 years, Partizan is dominating now and also played in CL last season.

Archived