[Release] MiniScout beta

amster

Hello, like most of you i am waiting impatiently for Fm genie Scout and an update for FMM. Meanwhile i decided to code my own program for the beta patch so i can see PA, CA and sell value, nothing really complicated but personally that's all i need. icon_smile.gif Maybe some of you will find it useful so i decided to release it.

short description:

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/MiniScout.JPG/MiniScout-full.jpg

"Logically" it should work on every Xp computer. You will need .Net framework installed or it will crash.

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/home

Have fun icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, like most of you i am waiting impatiently for Fm genie Scout and an update for FMM. Meanwhile i decided to code my own program for the beta patch so i can see PA, CA and sell value, nothing really complicated but personally that's all i need. icon_smile.gif Maybe some of you will find it useful so i decided to release it.

short description:

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/MiniScout.JPG/MiniScout-full.jpg

"Logically" it should work on every Xp computer. You will need .Net framework installed or it will crash.

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/home

Have fun icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by suikoden:

But I can't get it to run. Says it needs msvcr71D.dll but I only have msvcr71.dll in my install directory. I then tried to make a copy of msvcr71.dll and renaming it with the D at the end but it still didn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71d

Not trying to discredit you or anything but FMM already provides for such things (except not automatically updating).

The automatic updating is a nice feature though. Hopefully, you can add some more features.

What most people are actually looking for is a search function (according to CA, PA, attributes, rating {according to some formula}).

Guest The Immortal

Excellent work! icon_smile.gif

Just what I wanted so I can get rid of some of my Youth Team without the risk of losing a potential star.

The automatic updating is inspired! icon_cool.gif

Guest Elladene

Amster

Looks like a great tool. I have vista and it opens correctly. However, after opening FM 08 then the mini scout. Then hit load once. It doesn't give any data. It does not update when I browse profiles. Any ideas? Do I need to open FM in windowed mode (I don't know how to do this but can search forum Im sure). Is this because it doesn't work in vista? Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

very nice work icon14.gif this is a very handy tool u made. And I think these are indeed the most wanted features of geniescout.

One small note, u seem to be capable enough with the coding, so why not add some extra features like maybe a report generator (with search feature) and something small like a currency option (euro).

Offcourse i understand that is much more work then u probably intended to do on this tool but im sure it would be much appreciated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elladene:

Amster

Looks like a great tool. I have vista and it opens correctly. However, after opening FM 08 then the mini scout. Then hit load once. It doesn't give any data. It does not update when I browse profiles. Any ideas? Do I need to open FM in windowed mode (I don't know how to do this but can search forum Im sure). Is this because it doesn't work in vista? Any help would be appreciated. Thx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have Vista and it works fine for me, I'm in windowed mode so that might be it? But it does work with Vista, that much I do know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StokedOnCity:

You could release the source code so it could become a community project. icon_wink.gif

I know I'd love to participate. (I code C# which I'm guessing is the lang in this case?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that's a good idea, i used C++

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

Now, if you could only make something to tide us over where we can search PAs and CAs in the game, then I would put you at the top of my will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search by potential range is a feature missing for me too. Also setting a second nationality icon_smile.gif I'll look at it but nothing planned for the moment.

Thanks all for your comments. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mkstatto:

Loads up fine on vista but doesn't actually do anything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here,

downloaded file and put it in windows/system

ran the scout and loads but no numbers all 0s

help please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by memoi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mkstatto:

Loads up fine on vista but doesn't actually do anything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here,

downloaded file and put it in windows/system

ran the scout and loads but no numbers all 0s

help please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry i don't know if it works on Vista as i don't have it. Konnan511 said it works, try to pm him maybe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Owenbin:

could you release the new version for the update beta patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is for the patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Owenbin:

could you release the new version for the update beta patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is for the patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is a new version of the beta patch now, that has has brought it in line (updated fix list) with the WWSM patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by memoi:

it doesnt work for people with beta patch updated since last friday (confirmed)27mb

Amster could you please tweak up the scout so we all can enjoy it

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also doesnt work if you dont have the same version of .net framework as the one that the program needs

Archived