FM12 in Australia

Guys have a question. Dont know if its been answered. I live in Australia. Will the game be open for download at midnight 00:01 Friday morning OUR time or will it be open via Englands time?
You can pre-load it now. This means that you can pretty much download 99% of the game now and then the remaining few files when it becomes officially available.

Last year the game was available at midnight Australian time. I remember this well - as I logged in through an Australian proxy and downloaded the last 1%. Was playing by 5pm UK time....

So if that works again, if you log into Steam on a NZ Proxy and it opens midnight there, that equates to 10pm Melbourne Australia time Thursday Night when then equates to Midday UK/London Time Thursday

Whilst it happened last year, I can't see it happening this year.

Why?

My only words of caution to anyone attempting this would be to preload first. Running via a proxy so far from from the UK and without a proper undersea backbone is not particularly fast....

[edit - really should have read my post first before clicking!]

Last year they did release the game early as Lower League Rules was playing the game at 6pm England time. Although, I'm not sure where he lives. I'd assume it's New Zealand as he supports Wellington Phoenix. Whilst it happened last year, I can't see it happening this year.

Yes I was...lol, I doubt it will happen this year, I am in New Zealand and it unlocked at 6am (Approx) my time, will be keeping an eye on downloading starting this year as well...

Umm I dont know if anybody else has the some notification as me (as I am in Australia)....but I have preloaded from steam and at 10am today (thursday) it was 24 hours until release. That would work out the same time as UK soo I am fine with that. BUT!!! Now it is saying it wont unluck for 1 day and 17 hours which makes it the 22nd October (Saturday)! WTF??

Steam have even changed the release from the 21st to the 22nd October.

What is going on?? Anyboday else seen this?

i'm definately going to be checking out Steam from late tonight in Australia and also have the world clock on a browser so I can try different servers according to the timezones

Currently in NZ it's 2:03pm

Currently on Christmas Island it is 3:03pm

AWESOME.....get home from work at around 2.30pm, the wife and kids are in Sydney visiting my folks for the weekend.....and they thought i was stupid paying airfares for everyone to go to Sydney.

Ahhhh the lengths people go through to have a perfect FM weekend.....UNINTERRUPTED:applause:

ahh those kiwis, never being able to use sentences that make any sense.

What I think you meant to say was, how long would it take to download from steam with broadband?

depends on your speed, but only a few hours. its only 2.5gb or so

ahh those kiwis, never being able to use sentences that make any sense.

What I think you meant to say was, how long would it take to download from steam with broadband?

depends on your speed, but only a few hours. its only 2.5gb or so

hahaha cheers:o

I finish work at 10pm so will check steam at 12am on the dot :p and hopefully i can start playing as it is officialy the 21st hehe

However someone mentioned something about it taking 1 day and 17 hours to activate, which takes the download date to the 22nd of Oct. I had that too but sure that will change.

Cant wait until tonight (4 more hours :D) Will be a little shattered if it doesnt download.

Got my hopes high now that someone said he was able to download it Aussie time on last years release so fingers crossed

Archived