I hate you Board!!!!!!!! (FM11)

I think my board has spent to much time down at the local crack corner or something...

EVERY time my stadium improvements get close to finishing they cancel them and restart them... soooooo annoying....

For instance... I have tried to improve my club's(Sheff Wed) training facilities twice and each time with less then a month left on them being completed the board decided to do something, one time they said I ran out of funds but upon checking my finances screen my balance was over $20mil(very bottom center).. just now they decided to upgrade them... DESPITE them ALREADY being in the process of being upgraded!!! WTF... does this happen to everyone?

I picked a low league club(N1) for the difficulty in getting to a high league(Premier --- Which I did :p) NOT for the difficulty in upgrading the damn training facilities!!

In this image the first cancelled Training Facilities was supposed to finish on the 26/06/13... 24 days away! it even changed the starting date on the cancelled facilities...

sheffieldwednesdayboard.png

Here's the mail I received...

globalgenocidenewsinbox.jpg

Finances for anyone that thinks I'm mentally handicapped and can't read it correctly.

sheffieldwednesdayboard.jpg

Is this a bug or just very bad luck on my part? I can't figure out why it won't let them upgrade... I deliberately didn't ask to do the youth facilities(only at good) even though they need upgrading incase it caused some kind of clash...

Is there ANYTHING I can do to stop this happening? Or do I just give up on trying to upgrade my facilities and watch my board deliberately drain all my cash lol... Hope this isn't happening in FM12

Grrr frustrated!

Never saw anything like that before mate. Nearest thing to that I saw happen to me was in my Tottenham save when we were building a new stadium a few seasons in. Hot a message telling me something like "There was a huge crash heard and the new stand fell to the ground". Had to wait another few months before it was rebuilt lol

Never saw anything like that before mate. Nearest thing to that I saw happen to me was in my Tottenham save when we were building a new stadium a few seasons in. Hot a message telling me something like "There was a huge crash heard and the new stand fell to the ground". Had to wait another few months before it was rebuilt lol

Haha thats crazy, well atleast my stadium upgrade went ahead without any issues I suppose... Dunno maybe it was just a run of really bad luck :(

I've decided that maybe they are upgrading them twice or something. At the moment they are good(3 stars) and I was upgrading to 4 stars... possibly they decided to skip the 4 stars and go straight to 5... I dunno but that would be great considering my coaches are all 4-4.5 stars and the training grounds are holding my players back.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see... better not cancel it again lol

I had this happen in my Basingstoke career, anything I requested would be be cancelled a month before completion was due. I had it happen once with a new stadium, twice with training facilities, and one with youth facilities. I never saw anything get upgraded in my time of playing FM11, so I always assumed it was a bug.

I had this happen in my Basingstoke career, anything I requested would be be cancelled a month before completion was due. I had it happen once with a new stadium, twice with training facilities, and one with youth facilities. I never saw anything get upgraded in my time of playing FM11, so I always assumed it was a bug.

The strange thing is that I have successfully upgraded my youth training grounds once, but since then everything just gets stopped within a month of completion with dodgy reasons. Oh well glad to see it isn't just me that has experienced it. Was starting to wonder if my save was broken or something :)

(Is FM is so popular that they ran out of usernames?)

Might be worth posting in the bug forum.

lol not a fan of my gamertag? I've used it for like 10 years so just type it in everywhere no matter what kind of game it is.

I'll definitely report it if the current upgrade gets cancelled.

Haha wtf. :D

Ok so my guess that they may have stopped the current upgrade to 4stars to go straight to 5 was correct! So ok maybe my hate of the board was a little to soon :)

Thankfully that means no more cancelled training facility upgrades on this save lol. Well until I try upgrade my youth ones I suppose >.<

Archived