How to handle Superman...

You need to sort your team's finishing out. Get off to the tactics screen, do a little bit of homework on your team's performance and make some changes which might make their finishing better.

Think outside the box, turn time-wasting down so they don't rush their chances. Decrease the amount of long shots.

It's either one of those days which happen to all teams or there's something you can do about it and you can try and experiment and see if you can solve it.

You need to sort your team's finishing out. Get off to the tactics screen, do a little bit of homework on your team's performance and make some changes which might make their finishing better.

Think outside the box, turn time-wasting down so they don't rush their chances. Decrease the amount of long shots.

It's either one of those days which happen to all teams or there's something you can do about it and you can try and experiment and see if you can solve it.

Finishing is not a problem. I average 3.7 goals/game. Drilled 3 goals against Braca too.

Finishing is not a problem. I average 3.7 goals/game. Drilled 3 goals against Braca too.

In that case just write it off as a bad day at the office. If you average 3.7 goals per game one little slip up like this shouldn't hurt your team's chances. Sometimes things don't go your way.

So, nothing is wrong! Just a bad day at office. It happens IRL, so it's normal to happen in FM.

Or are you one of those guys that if they dont win every game with Real Madrid or Barcelona think that the game as a bug?

About your direct question... how to handle Superman... you simple dont! You just move on, realize the "IT'S FOOTBALL"! :)

Things you can do to minimize incidents like that:

* Reduce the tempo. Taking your time to build up attacks allow your players to pick their shots more carefully.

* Reduce the attacking mentality. Players on very attacking mentalities tend to be more desperate, and will shoot from bad angles and under pressure more often.

* Don't field players with the Shoots from Distance PPM. They will do so every time they have the ball, from any angle regardless of what happens around them. Mostly, they will not score, so if they are very good at it, they will hit the target but the keeper will necessarily save them. Eventually, he will "have a good game/play with confidence" and once that is the case it is very very very difficult to score on him. So shots from distance are unlikely to hit the back of the net -and- boosting gk confidence. Reduce them as much as possible.

If this means you have to take Ronaldo off once he has missed 3-4 shots, I will strongly suggest to do so.

Yeah there are some games where you are making lots of chances but you don't seem to be fully on top of the game. As soon as you get the feeling that the ME is going to do that on you, you just need to adapt to it. Lower the mentality to counter, make your width very wide, slower tempo. That usually does the trick.

With games that should have been really easy, you can tell at least after the first half that you might be on the way to a stupid draw or loss.

Things you can do to minimize incidents like that:

* Reduce the tempo. Taking your time to build up attacks allow your players to pick their shots more carefully.

* Reduce the attacking mentality. Players on very attacking mentalities tend to be more desperate, and will shoot from bad angles and under pressure more often.

* Don't field players with the Shoots from Distance PPM. They will do so every time they have the ball, from any angle regardless of what happens around them. Mostly, they will not score, so if they are very good at it, they will hit the target but the keeper will necessarily save them. Eventually, he will "have a good game/play with confidence" and once that is the case it is very very very difficult to score on him. So shots from distance are unlikely to hit the back of the net -and- boosting gk confidence. Reduce them as much as possible.

If this means you have to take Ronaldo off once he has missed 3-4 shots, I will strongly suggest to do so.

Thank you for first reply of any use. :thup:

* I am working on tempo thing. Goals have reduced but result have improved.

* CFa,LIFa,AMCa,WAMRs,DLPs,BWMd. Can you suggest some change here (DLP and BWM remain constant)

* I am using Ronaldo by asking him to shoot rarely through player instruction. I thing I should also try Work ball into Box shout more.

Yeah there are some games where you are making lots of chances but you don't seem to be fully on top of the game. As soon as you get the feeling that the ME is going to do that on you, you just need to adapt to it. Lower the mentality to counter, make your width very wide, slower tempo. That usually does the trick.

With games that should have been really easy, you can tell at least after the first half that you might be on the way to a stupid draw or loss.

Thank you for great advice. :thup: Will keep that in mind from next time.

Thank you for first reply of any use. :thup:

* I am working on tempo thing. Goals have reduced but result have improved.

* CFa,LIFa,AMCa,WAMRs,DLPs,BWMd. Can you suggest some change here (DLP and BWM remain constant)

* I am using Ronaldo by asking him to shoot rarely through player instruction. I thing I should also try Work ball into Box shout more.

I am not so familiar with TC roles and shouts. My tactics the last versions have had all the instructions locked and fine tuned, and then I rather make three of them, each for a different purpose. I ran a test save with my 424 tactic once with Real Madrid (holidayed for a year), and Ronaldo scored over 40 goals for them. You could download that from the tactics section. If you are not into downloading tactics, all I can say is that there is only so much you can do with the TC tactics - they will never be perfectly moulded to the facts of the match engine, and thus won't give you as much of an edge compared to the AI as Classic tactics.

For instance, I assume the Left inside forward (attacking duty) is Ronaldo. He is a pretty selfish player, and if his attacking mentality is closer to maximum than Normal he will be even more selfish. He is probably told to run with the ball often too. That won't help either. In addition he has the Shoots from Distance PPM and perhaps even the runs with ball often PPM? Letting him do his magic can work fine but when he has a day off you will struggle. Setting him to Support duty could help but I am not sure you can deal with his titanic-gargantuan-enormous-epic ego without tailoring that role to him. I am in favour of giving him decent creative freedom (click 15-much, for instance) and then set the Long Shots to rarely and the rest to mixed. Along with click 15 on Mentality (or even less) too he should really play better for the team, because I believe those settings allow him to use his decision-making and creative freedom when he plays instead of only dribbling and shooting.

I am not so familiar with TC roles and shouts. My tactics the last versions have had all the instructions locked and fine tuned, and then I rather make three of them, each for a different purpose. I ran a test save with my 424 tactic once with Real Madrid (holidayed for a year), and Ronaldo scored over 40 goals for them. You could download that from the tactics section. If you are not into downloading tactics, all I can say is that there is only so much you can do with the TC tactics - they will never be perfectly moulded to the facts of the match engine, and thus won't give you as much of an edge compared to the AI as Classic tactics.

For instance, I assume the Left inside forward (attacking duty) is Ronaldo. He is a pretty selfish player, and if his attacking mentality is closer to maximum than Normal he will be even more selfish. He is probably told to run with the ball often too. That won't help either. In addition he has the Shoots from Distance PPM and perhaps even the runs with ball often PPM? Letting him do his magic can work fine but when he has a day off you will struggle. Setting him to Support duty could help but I am not sure you can deal with his titanic-gargantuan-enormous-epic ego without tailoring that role to him. I am in favour of giving him decent creative freedom (click 15-much, for instance) and then set the Long Shots to rarely and the rest to mixed. Along with click 15 on Mentality (or even less) too he should really play better for the team, because I believe those settings allow him to use his decision-making and creative freedom when he plays instead of only dribbling and shooting.

Thank you for suggestions. CR7 plays as right winger who cuts in. Some of suggestions are implmental.

I never use downloaded tactics. Prefer to tinker myself.

Archived