So what about me? No longer able to watch games in 3D. So am i supposed to pay up?

Just loaded up the demo and see that i'm unable to watch games in 3D. Find this disgusting to be frank, have played FM religiously since the beginning, and now i'm just left to rot. I'm not in the position to spend money on graphic cards or new computers, so why should I be stopped from enjoying the game as much as the next person who may have a few more quid. Absolutely fuming, what about me, SI?

Just loaded up the demo and see that i'm unable to watch games in 3D. Find this disgusting to be frank, have played FM religiously since the beginning, and now i'm just left to rot. I'm not in the position to spend money on graphic cards or new computers, so why should I be stopped from enjoying the game as much as the next person who may have a few more quid. Absolutely fuming, what about me, SI?

I understand your frustration but look at it another way. Why should SI stop developing the 3D engine for those people whose computers can handle the upgrades? Everyone knows the deal with PC gaming.

... dude, computers move forward. Live with it.

*complains about not being able to play FM12 on my old Pentium III*

So, DUDE, are you trying to say that us players that can't afford to buy a new computer every year should just sit back and let everyone else get a better experience?

My comments don't warrant pathetic sarcastic comments like yours. I'm merely stating I think it is unfair players such as myself should just be left to put up with things such as a 2D pitch. Especially when i've dished out hard earned money every year on the game.

So, DUDE, are you trying to say that us players that can't afford to buy a new computer every year should just sit back and let everyone else get a better experience?

My comments don't warrant pathetic sarcastic comments like yours. I'm merely stating I think it is unfair players such as myself should just be left to put up with things such as a 2D pitch. Especially when i've dished out hard earned money every year on the game.

To be fair, game has to progress and if that means more memory etc to play then so be it. It would be pretty sad if they kept the game the same year in year out without improving (people would be moaning then as well). Technology improves and therefore SI have to meet this.

Do you all think I don't realise computers become out of date. But why can't SI just keep the normal 3D pitch graphics and maybe make a better version for all you with your advanced computers? I understand they are trying to make a better game, and these things help do that, but again, why should I just be left behind?

FM must be one of the games with lowest requrements of the market. My five-year old desktop (which has a decent-ish graphics card... for the time I bought it on) can still handle the 3D engine. barely but it can.

And, that's PC gaming. You knew the deal when you got your computer. Live with it.

Do you all think I don't realise computers become out of date. But why can't SI just keep the normal 3D pitch graphics and maybe make a better version for all you with your advanced computers? I understand they are trying to make a better game, and these things help do that, but again, why should I just be left behind?

so you want SI to make 2 versions? One for people with rubbish computers and one for people who have up to date technology. It's like asking Mercedes to make 2 versions of the same car, one with a tape deck for people who still have tapes and one with a cd/mp3 player for those who actually live in the 21st century

FM must be one of the games with lowest requrements of the market. My five-year old desktop (which has a decent-ish graphics card... for the time I bought it on) can still handle the 3D engine. barely but it can.

And, that's PC gaming. You knew the deal when you got your computer. Live with it.

That's the second time you have told me to just 'live with it'. Why should I? You're missing the point. I understand PC gaming advances quickly, but why should I be sacrificed? Because i'm not rich? Well...?

Technology improves and therefore SI have to meet this.

Agree with this.

To the OP: Is it disappointing to have a game move beyond the capabilities of your computer? Sure, but that's no reason to be upset with them and they do still provide the 2D match pitch. If that's not enough for you, then perhaps it is time to move on.

(I also assume that you've turned the match quality down to the lowest setting and that's still not working for you.)

That's the second time you have told me to just 'live with it'. Why should I? You're missing the point. I understand PC gaming advances quickly, but why should I be sacrificed? Because i'm not rich? Well...?

are you actually reading any of the replies or are you just intent in arguing no matter what anyone says? And when did you have to be rich to get a decent desktop?

It's economic wake up for the 21st century wattzy, don't sweat it mate, shedloads will be joining you.

As in if you can't afford it, you can't have it. Gone are the days of I want the newest and I want it now. Or they soon will be. :D

So what is your point? If the days are gone of people being able to get the new technology, how is it economic? Think about what you just said.

Because IT doesn't work that way. SI is actually VERY careful on letting people with out-of-date computers play the game. But at the end, old computer support is phased out.

As mcchalk said, use 2d. Until I got my new laptop I had to do this for FM10 & FM11, to be honest it didnt adversely affect gameplay - it just made me a little annoyed that I didnt have full 3d. If you play the game "properly" ;-) then "match time" will be a vast minority of the time anyway, and how much of a graphic card do you need for the spreadsheet fest that is "FM12 - the bit that isnt a matchday"?.

So what is your point? If the days are gone of people being able to get the new technology, how is it economic? Think about what you just said.

Simple. You can't afford to upgrade to have the newest and shiniest?? You can't have it. That's very economic. ;)

FM11 is still a great game anyway.

are you actually reading any of the replies or are you just intent in arguing no matter what anyone says? And when did you have to be rich to get a decent desktop?

Of course i'm reading the replies. And as I have stated, I understand. But what am i expected to do now? Just simply put up with a 2D engine which i cannot enjoy again no matter how much I try? Or not play at all? Or have to spend a few hundred on a new desktop?

I'm sorry, but technology moves forward. In order for SI to continue to improve the ME animations, the game will require better and better hardware. They can't just keep in the previous set of animations as an alternate as the ME will be integrated with the new set, which will stop them from working.

It seems that you have three options:

1: Continue to play FM11

2: Play FM12 on a 2D pitch

3: Invest in a new graphics card

We've all been in this situation at one time or another. My iMac couldn't cope with the original 3D ME, so I just played in 2D. Eventually I got another computer and enjoyed the game in all its 3D glory.

I don't know what else you are expecting to hear.

But what am i expected to do now? Just simply put up with a 2D engine which i cannot enjoy again no matter how much I try? Or not play at all? Or have to spend a few hundred on a new desktop?

None of us can answer those questions for you. As I said before, is it disappointing? Yes, but that's not SI's fault, and you have to make the decision yourself if you're going to upgrade, play 2D, or not play at all.

I'm sorry?

What manner of graphics card are you running this on. Considering the game(reffering to the 3D engine here) works on graphics cards that are a whopping NINE years old. Wow

No seriously, there is just no excuse, even if you only upgrade once in a blue moon. You can alway drop 50 quid on a new card that will run this easily.

If your PC is only 3 years old, have you checked your graphics drivers are up to date? Or do you have an integrated graphics card (which could be the problem)?

If you have a desktop, I wouldn't have thought a compatible stand alone graphics card is going to massively expensive. The specs are still pretty low, so you should be able to get something that enables the 3D at a pretty low price.

And for the record, no, i don't have windows 95 on 10 year old computer. In fact, my computer is only 3 years old, runs at a great speed, and there is absolutely no need to replace it.

Then look at upgrading your graphics card. I have a 2 1/2 year old pc (not that much newer than yours) and a simple $50 upgrade of graphics card about 6 months ago allows me to play the 3D matches on high quality bot in FM11 and FM12.

Of course i'm reading the replies. And as I have stated, I understand. But what am i expected to do now? Just simply put up with a 2D engine which i cannot enjoy again no matter how much I try? Or not play at all? Or have to spend a few hundred on a new desktop?

Yes that's exactly what you have to do! Unfortunately 3D is a luxury you can't afford as is 1st class travel for me. I will live with it.

Honestly, i'd like to hear what graphics card you're using, it's possible that it's some other issues. I simply cannot believe anyone would still have such ancient card in there that it would not support the 3D engine.

OK so my graphics card is a 'Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family'. Anyone know much about it?

Integrated card. Lowest thing you can get. No wonder you can't move the 3D engine with that...

You don't play any other modern game, right? Because that thing isn't likely to play anything that has less than two years...

You definetly need something with a bit more juice. Not a full computer, but you should consider getting a decent graphics card. SHouldnt cost you more than 60 or 70...

Integrated card. Lowest thing you can get. No wonder you can't move the 3D engine with that...

You don't play any other modern game, right? Because that thing isn't likely to play anything that has less than two years...

You definetly need something with a bit more juice. Not a full computer, but you should consider getting a decent graphics card. SHouldnt cost you more than 60 or 70...

Nope, not on PC. This sucks a lot of balls.

Nope, not on PC. This sucks a lot of balls.

Well then you're pretty much SOL. Rule of thumb, never EVER get an integrated card, the sandby bridge integrated ones are decent but still. Pay 20 quid more, and you'll never have any issues like this. It does suck but it happens, just be a bit more careful when you buy your next laptop and you'll be alright. Unless you have an external interface you could plug cards into, however i doubt that.

Well then you're pretty much SOL. Rule of thumb, never EVER get an integrated card, the sandby bridge integrated ones are decent but still. Pay 20 quid more, and you'll never have any issues like this. It does suck but it happens, just be a bit more careful when you buy your next laptop and you'll be alright. Unless you have an external interface you could plug cards into, however i doubt that.

By the sounds of it, he's running a stone slab. :D

By the sounds of it, he's running a stone slab. :D

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Such a constructive comment. Go to bed, kid.

Thanks for the advice on the graphics cards anyway guys. Looks like i'll have to see what i can rustle up after pay day. Still disappointed by this, but looks like i'll have to grit my teeth and dig deep!

If you are using a desktop, you should be able to get a perfectly adequate card for far less than 50 quid. In Oz, I could go as low as $40 and find something that would do the job. Of course, the more you spend, the longer the card will last as it won't get outdated so quickly.

Archived