ever lost all firepower?

after 4 great years at arsenal with great goal scoring rate....my entire team has dried up. 4 games in around 20 shots a game and 2 goals. nothing has changed since the previous year. the players are even better than last year but everyone, my strikers (owen, bentner and vela) even my wingers (all v good players such as Adu, Aguero, Rosisky,Diego) miss EVERYTHING...even one on ones that were easily disposed of previously get saved.

so im wondering, anyone else notice a random dip in goals? having to go to press to maon about players at mo but dont understand what changed. my possesion is very good and never in risk of conceding but still...put the ball away! lol

after 4 great years at arsenal with great goal scoring rate....my entire team has dried up. 4 games in around 20 shots a game and 2 goals. nothing has changed since the previous year. the players are even better than last year but everyone, my strikers (owen, bentner and vela) even my wingers (all v good players such as Adu, Aguero, Rosisky,Diego) miss EVERYTHING...even one on ones that were easily disposed of previously get saved.

so im wondering, anyone else notice a random dip in goals? having to go to press to maon about players at mo but dont understand what changed. my possesion is very good and never in risk of conceding but still...put the ball away! lol

I'm 13 games in with Monterrey and I may as well be playing 4-4-0 for all the use my strikers are! One of them scored in a 5-2 defeat and a 3-3 draw, another also scored in one of those matches, but apart from that none of my strikers has scored a goal yet this season icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, we seem to have hit a bit of a dry spell this season. It hasn't helped that injuries have disrupted my side, in particular my 30+ goal striker recovering from a broken leg, and also one of my leading scorers is simply getting old and rubbish. I decided that my new look team needed its tactical set up tweaking so I have modified our style of play which seems to have worked over the last few games.

i would normally say it was the computer getting used to your tactics and learning how to counter them. but since you are still creating chances i am a bit confused. this happened in one of my saves i got annoyed at it and just started fielding youngsters.

I would'nt play Aguero as a winger, he's lethal through the centre, same for diego behind the strikers, though you probably don't play that system. Sometimes it just takes one game to get the burden off the chest. Encourage, maybe increase training, or even try players who don't regularly get into the team, maybe too many big stars trying to score.

It happens. You tend to find that you just have to either sit tight and wait for it to change or change your players for a few games and see if that mnakes the difference.

Ok, I do mean this in a totally not sarcy or mean way.

It might be your tactics.

As in... have you been playing that system to success for the previous 3 seasons? I've noticed that often things just dont go right after 2-3 season with the same tactics.

I had it but with Derby County, where Villa, Miller, Sterjovski and Earnshaw weren't scoring. Of course, that's typical for Derby County, but they were scoring before.

Injuries to Villa, Sterjovski and Earnshaw gave me an excuse to loan Benjani and Ameobi - Benjani averaged 0.9 goals a game while Ameobi, after a slow start, began averaging mid 7.5s chipping in with a couple of goals, saving my season.

If you are struggling, and loans aren't the answer, arrange a friendly with a rubbish team, and I mean a team that is a grey team but has an obscure reputation - I choose Abbey Hey in England and thrash them around to double digits - which boosts form and morale up several notches - the 10s the players should get should carry on into the next game. The drawback, of course, is that your players become more tired and jaded and that there's usually no room for such a fixture if you're a top club.

To illustrate this, I once saw Danny Murphy of Ipswich play a blinder against Manchester City scoring 8 goals, which he then carried on into the next fixture, Portsmouth, with 5 goals and another 10 rating. It tapered off after that but it's an example of how morale and form can play a large part in scoring, for a striker.

Oh god yes. I had a long spell this season when my killer strikers just couldn't score - I'm talking Torres, Aguero, Klose. Nothing worked until, in desperation I dropped them and played a midfielder up front ( *ahem* Messi). It worked!

I'm still trying to gauge whether the forwards will regain their touches or of I should move them on. It happens.

Like phnompenhandy says, dropping players sometimes works wonders. I've done that a few times with my strikers and AMCs especially. Drop them for a few matches and criticize their lack of form, or sometimes the criticizing works by itself, all depends on the player's personality. I've even gotten to a point where 2 or 3 of the players think that I'm being too harsh with the team but if your star players aren't performing then something needs to be said or done. Now I rarely experience losses of form from anyone.

sorry estueban, didnt mean to include him in winger list there, i have him as my attacking midfielder and he is simply awesome. i can say that buying him and frey in goal are the main reasons for all the success in the game.

so i tried moanign to the media about performances of my strikers etc, then gave the expect performance command in following fw games and bingo....goals! hell, owen got 4 in the next game with rating 9. and my wingers both scored in the following.think the game sometimes has periods of dry patches and possibly a few of my guys got them at same time...who knows. all i know is that im back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johno:

sorry estueban, didnt mean to include him in winger list there, i have him as my attacking midfielder and he is simply awesome. i can say that buying him and frey in goal are the main reasons for all the success in the game.

so i tried moanign to the media about performances of my strikers etc, then gave the expect performance command in following fw games and bingo....goals! hell, owen got 4 in the next game with rating 9. and my wingers both scored in the following.think the game sometimes has periods of dry patches and possibly a few of my guys got them at same time...who knows. all i know is that im back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And keep on whining to the media any chance you get. Also you can warn your players for getting a rating of 6, but I would only do it to your first team regulars. If they get a 5 then fine them a week and if it's lower than a 5 then two weeks fine.

i remember starting a regen game in fm05 with deportivo, won the first 10 league games, my amc scored 2/3 goals & assists per game... then he got injured and we lost the next 10. gutted.

but in fm08, having won the league by 12 points last season (compared to 2 points the previous two seasons), there is a distinct lack of goals. i've just beaten pompey 5-0, only the second time i've scored 3+ this season. thats how it was in my first 3 years, but last season arsenal were scoring for fun.

tbh, i've always found that tweaking your training schedules seems to have an almost instant effect. i have one schedule for the whole team, so if the strikers are misfiring, the whole team follows suit, and vice-versa.

In my third season with chelsea,even thou we won the league for the third year running,my top goalscorer had only scored 11 goals for the season,Dogba played 16 league games and scored nil hence I am selling him and he is 31 anyway.

Archived