Postponements/Abandonments

Has anyone had much experience of games being called off or abandoned?

I'm relatively new to the scene and have been wondering if this is something that is added to 'enhance the realism' so to speak?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Cheers.

I remember having games postponed because of snow, but I can't remember if that was in past FMs or back in the days that I played FIFA Manager...
Can't say that this has ever happened, I've had games called-off due to a waterlogged pitch but we always play when it's sub-zero & the pitch is frozen solid.

seen postponements in the blue square south but it still needs improving. for example, salisbury had their home game called off for a waterlogged pitch but there was no such trouble anywhere else in the country. the next week only 1 game was off again for the same thing. those of us on here that live in the uk know that when we get bad weather it hits a good size part of the country and not just 1 town!

Postponement, yes - more in FM11 than I remember before. Abandonments - not to my recollection. Anyone ever have one?

I;ll be starting off in the English non-league system. Last weekend a match was abandoned when a player punched the referee. If only ....... :eek:

I've brought this up over the last few versions that there are far few postponements in the game due to bad weather. Just look at the last two Winters the UK have had where there were weekends when almost all fixtures were postponed.

I've seen one abandonment, way back on CM01/02 when in a Division Two match. I was leading 2-0 before the game was abandoned in the second half due to a blizzard. I lost the rearranged fixture 1-0.

Archived