Such a pity..

Well I've owned every year's episode from CM2 through to FM11.

But Steam-only means no FM12 unfortunately. From what I've seen it looks to be possibly the best year so it's such a pity I won't be owing this one. I own two Macs, I can just about get Steam up and running on the iMac (it's only a quad core with 12gb of RAM) by forcing offline mode. The Macbook Air won't even get to the main Steam screen.

I tried Steam for FM11 and eventually gave up after embarrassing levels of support by Steam.

I know that there seems to have been a lot of discussion on here about Steam only (activation and running a big ugly mess of a program in the background is simply illogical - if I could actually get it up and running to start with) but quite simply - I don't get it. If it's about copy protection and customer experience simple - Mac App Store for Mac, Steam for Windows.

I know the decision isn't going to be reversed and you probably won't see much impact this year as everyone will still buy online or the disc before they encounter all the problems. But next year it'll drop and hopefully then you'll change the mistake and I can buy FM13.

Otherwise, bye all.

Archived