Steam Pre-load Active Now for FM12

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is out on Thurssday, but Steam lets you pre-load most of the files so that when it does come out, you don't get bottlenecked with so many others trying to download at the same time.

what is this pre load thing? I have never used steam before, this is my first time with the fm12 demo that i have used steam?

In simple terms, it allows you to download 99% of the game, meaning that when it comes out, you only have a little bit left before you can play.

I'm pre-loading as we speak. Just if others want to start theirs, should be active now. :)

Out of curiosity, have you been refreshing the Steam page all day waiting for it or was it just awesome timing?

Fanboy Achievement? Oh Dammit!

Oh yes, noticed that! I have them all on Steam so at least that's one achievement gained! Notice they have two tutorial achievements too, which means my need to acquire achievements will make me sit through the tutorials telling me stuff I already know!

That's decided me, I've cancelled Amazon and bought from Steam. There are workmen redecorating the hallway and outside of the house (I live in a flat in a converted house) trampling over the post and leaving the door open all day and I'm going away on Sunday, so I'll pay the extra three quid to be absolutely sure I'll get it without a size 12 steel-toe-capped boot smashing the disc.

Out of curiosity, have you been refreshing the Steam page all day waiting for it or was it just awesome timing?

Just got lucky. Happened to turn on Steam and the popup window that highlights new releases had an announcement in there.

In simple terms, it allows you to download 99% of the game, meaning that when it comes out, you only have a little bit left before you can play.

What i mean is how do i do this? I still havnt received the email to download the game so how do i do this 99%?

Every season. Every Goddamn Season I tell myself I'm gonna hold off buying this goddamn game until it's third goddamn patch is out. Every goddamn season I tell myself I'm gonna skip a year because let's speak honestly here, we're being mugged by SI paying full price for these games when it's nothing more than data update and ui tweaks. Every goddamn season.

Allright, I'm preloading now.

I've just brought the game off of Steam. I assume that I would have to wait a while before I can do the preload. If not how would I start it. I've gone to my games library and there's no option to start it, yet.

Sorry, meant to quote you, restart steam to see the pre-load button

Every season. Every Goddamn Season I tell myself I'm gonna hold off buying this goddamn game until it's third goddamn patch is out. Every goddamn season I tell myself I'm gonna skip a year because let's speak honestly here, we're being mugged by SI paying full price for these games when it's nothing more than data update and ui tweaks. Every goddamn season.

LOL !!! I know how you feel mate ........ 16 years in a row in my case !!

I've just brought the game off of Steam. I assume that I would have to wait a while before I can do the preload. If not how would I start it. I've gone to my games library and there's no option to start it, yet.

Have your tried going to FM12 from the library? There should be a button marked "pre-load" immediately under the game name.

Its a fix you pay for 1 time per year.. bloody cheap fix :) if you catch my drift.

I am curious as to why SI did not include the editor in the pre-load. And how are they going to release the editor and the resource archiver? As a tool on Steam? If so couldn't they release those now seeing as they aren't actually the game?

Without knowing how it'd being done, I would assume they are there, but the icon/file organisation needed to find and open it will be in the final 1%.

Cost per hour is pretty minimal. I played FM11 for 1400 hours. Decent value for £30.

I know right :D Most games now days you only get 10-60 hrs vlaue from. some eve less.

Archived