Alt-tabbing in FM 2012?

Hey, I'm trying the demo now and during the match I had to alt-tab out of it and send an email. I've been playing FM for years and the game never paused matches when I minimized it. But FM12 demo does and it's a huge concern for me (not going to buy it if this is a new behaviour of the match engine). I couldn't find anything related in the preferences as well. I've clocked 700 hours in FM 2011 and half of that time my game was running in the background while I was watching movies/matches or browsing the internet.

I'm actually going to cancel my preorder unless I can get a confirmation from someone that the game isn't going to put itself on pause every time I minimize it. So, is there any information about that?

Sorry to ask, but what's the problem if it pauses when alt-tabbing ?

I guess that while sending mails it is not your intention to let the match run when you can't see what is happening.

What I like in FM games is that they are not demanding constant attention and focus (like shooters for example). I usually minimize the game during the first half and do something else, then depending on the score at half time I either watch the second half or minimize again and continue doing that other thing.

What I like in FM games is that they are not demanding constant attention and focus (like shooters for example). I usually minimize the game during the first half and do something else, then depending on the score at half time I either watch the second half or minimize again and continue doing that other thing.

Ok then, when you want to do something else with the game in the background then you do the following:

Press Alt-Enter which will switch the game to windowed mode.

Alt-Tab onto whatever else you're doing.

Press Alt-Enter to maximise the game again.

Problem solved.

Ok then, when you want to do something else with the game in the background then you do the following:

Problem solved.

Solved or not will depend on this game's support for -noborder command.

You are free to do what you want but , just to joke a bit ;) , I would suggest to wear a Balaclava and sun glasses during second half. This is usually the best way to enjoy FM.

My sympathies are with you. Bit curious a poster trying to hold SI to ransom over his right to play the game while he's ignoring it.

I also like you, never heard about a player playing FM alt-tabbed while fiddling with emails and other stuff. I assume that's funny, have to try it myself.

I do this too. I might flick back to check the score and make sure that no one is having a shocker.

I'll then watch the second half.

I alt+tab out of games all the time, the game isn't challenging enough for me to need to be there 100% of the time during most matches.

The best thing about FM to me is that i can easily talk to people on steam, look through my music collection, browse the internet or whatever at the same time. You can't do this with Halo very easily....

Problem solved.

this guy, lol.

Hopefully SI will fix this bug so we don't have to work around it on our own.

I think your a disgrace to management, how would you feel if the manager of the team you supported went to watch a film or send some e-mails during your first half???

Do you have troubles with distinguishing reality from a video game?

Yeah, I hardly ever watch the 1st half of my games. I'm usually watching a film or browsing the web and leave the game minimized till half time. Not everybody wants to sit there and watch every kick of every game.

You are right but it is enough to set " highlights " only within 3D

I also like you, never heard about a player playing FM alt-tabbed while fiddling with emails and other stuff. I assume that's funny, have to try it myself.

I always do something similar, i will make tactical tweaks then change window to forums, or talk on msn then go back and forward between the 2.

I always do something similar, i will make tactical tweaks then change window to forums, or talk on msn then go back and forward between the 2.

Jokes apart, don't you have the feeling of loosing fun if you skip the first half ?

It seems to me that doing that a gamer seems to be on impatient hurry of climbing the ladder..... each moment has to be tasted IMO

Jokes apart, don't you have the feeling of loosing fun if you skip the first half ?

It seems to me that doing that a gamer seems to be on impatient hurry of climbing the ladder..... each moment has to be tasted IMO

I dont miss the whole half, just long enough to read a message and reply to it. 10-20 seconds at most.

@grep

What the feck is it to you, how people play Football Manager? Are you the FM judge all of a sudden? Jeez

Yes I am here on this forum just to judge and make comments and express opinions. It is a forum and I didn't offense anyone.

If you like to play FM while having a shower that's ok for me but I can comment that is not funny for me.

Usually I play FM while sat over the WC.

Check the bugs forum - it's been submitted as a bug and SI are looking into it. Annoys the hell out of me as well since I often do something similar especially in long term games where I know how my team performs and have enough confidence to leave them to it for the first half.

Yes I am here on this forum just to judge and make comments and express opinions. It is a forum and I didn't offense anyone.

If you like to play FM while having a shower that's ok for me but I can comment that is not funny for me.

Usually I play FM while sat over the WC.

A shower while playing FM, who invented the waterproof laptop. Send them some cookies at once!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived