fm future and competors

Being impatiently and anxious regarding this years offering within the footy management community I have taken a peak at one of FM’s competitors are offering for next season.

We know FM has constantly and successfully updated annual titles that lead the queue in footy management sims but I came across a preview of what EA’s FIFA Manager 2009 contribution and this particular paragraph took my eye:

‘The special "Assistant Manager" widget is especially important for beginners and helps them to optimize their tactics. The assistant analyzes the game minute by minute and informs the user about players with low fitness, bad performances, tactical problems etc.’

Personally, it took me a while to get used to the changes in FM08 due to missing out on FM07 and it made me feel like a complete beginner. Everything I learnt from FM06 was completely irrelevant which was strange when I was playing an update. Reading and exploring many players ‘gripes’ on this forum I believe was mainly down to inexperience. Not being sure of what to do during the match engine has seemed to be a running theme with many FM gamers.

I have championed more use of the assistant manager on this forum for future FM releases, particular for the use of novices and if changes are made to the match engine and/or sliders. The assistant manager can only be as good as his attributes so he may not always give the correct advice and that is for a human mind to decide. But I believe this would only had to the realism.

I would not for one moment contradict FM’s achievements over the recent years of footy management offerings but I would feel a little let down if a lesser competitor beat FM to the punch on usage of the assistant manager.

I got the review from the following link:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sports/fifamanager09/news.htm...&tag=updates;title;2

Archived