Steam: Another season to hate

So I'm one of those people that completely hate Steam. I think it sucks that you have to have internet connection to activate a game for the first time, and even after that sometimes you can't play that game offline after activation.

My new reason for hating them more is the pricing for digital downloads. My god, so expensive. I could buy the game from play.com for 37 euro and get a free FM12 1gb pen-drive, I could order from thehut.com and get the game for just 35 euro but with no usb-drive. Oh and yes, free delivery.

But I bought the game locally from Malta for only 35 euro (boxed obviously), yet Steam wants 50 euro for a game that isn't even on a disc, no resale value what-so-ever. I don't get it. I know they need some kind of profit but 15 euro more and you dont even get a disc with is excessive. By the time the game downloads and installs from Steam I would have already gone down to the shops, bought it for 15 euro less, have the game disc before the game even downloads. I just don't get it. Phhhhuuuu @ Steam :mad:

PS: Yes I did the offline settings crap and still had problems etc. And yes I'm ALWAYS connected to the internet but it isn't fair for those that don't.

Archived