In this thread, US-based FMers talk about how nice it will be to get FM12 on Thur at 5PM

Hey, I have a question. We can I buy FM12 in USA? I live in Chicago,IL. Last year I bought the game from the local Gamestop shop, but this year they are not caring it. Is there another store that I can buy it from? I don't like buying online. BTW, I'll be playing the game on a Mac.

Thanks

Hey, I have a question. We can I buy FM12 in USA? I live in Chicago,IL. Last year I bought the game from the local Gamestop shop, but this year they are not caring it. Is there another store that I can buy it from? I don't like buying online. BTW, I'll be playing the game on a Mac.

Thanks

Hey yonko!

I live in Chicago, too. Only way I know is Steam...

Thanks

You'll be lucky to find a boxed copy in stores over here. Your only real options are buying a boxed copy from 365games.co.uk or downloading through steam.

Question--I guess if I pre-order via Steam, 99% of the game will download beforehand and the other 1% on Thursday night? Do we know for sure if this 99% will happen throughout that day or maybe tomorrow-wednesday? Just wondering if I have to leave the computer open all day :D

7pm EST Thursday night...absolutely cannot wait! Perfect relaxation opportunity after work.

Me too living in Toronto. Can't wait for FM12. I get home after uni class before 6pm and then I eat dinner, and then an all-nighter FM session :cool: (with uni the next day! :D)

Hey yonko!

I live in Chicago, too. Only way I know is Steam...

You'll be lucky to find a boxed copy in stores over here. Your only real options are buying a boxed copy from 365games.co.uk or downloading through steam.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm disappointed that I can't get a boxed copy of the game from a store in the US. I don't buy anything on the internet, as I'm paranoid about giving away my info.

Can you guys enlighten me about buying the game through Steam? How secure is it? I pay/pre-order it and then I wait for a download or what? How does it work exactly?

Twellman, actually I live in the north suburbs of Chicago, towards the North Shore - I'm in Vernon Hills. Where are you exactly?

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm disappointed that I can't get a boxed copy of the game from a store in the US. I don't buy anything on the internet, as I'm paranoid about giving away my info.

Can you guys enlighten me about buying the game through Steam? How secure is it? I pay/pre-order it and then I wait for a download or what? How does it work exactly?

Twellman, actually I live in the north suburbs of Chicago, towards the North Shore - I'm in Vernon Hills. Where are you exactly?

You sign up for a free account at steam.com and download their software. Then you simply search for FM in the store and purchase with a credit/debit card. It's VERY secure.

Make sure you buy before Thursday so you can predownload the game. That way at 7pm (or whereever you are) the game will be ready to go :)

Hey yonko,

I live in Lakeview, by the lake. We should get a network game going sometime! nicknack11 (also from Chicago) messaged me yesterday to play online, so maybe we can have an online league :D

And about Steam--don't worry. I've been using Steam for three years now (and I have a Mac), and everything has gone perfectly. So far no troubles with my personal info.

Feel free to PM me and we'll talk!

T24

Pre-ordered through Steam always an exciting time of year leading up to the release. Can't wait to download and play it on Thursday. I have to work until 6pm on Friday but from what I've heard its going to be a "light" day at work. I'll pick up some dinner/snacks on the way home and then a weekend of FM. Hope everyone enjoys the game!

Are you kidding? I grew up in Vernon Hills!!! Moved there from Ft. Sheridan (dad worked there until it closed down) in '84 and moved to Kentucky in '92. Good ol' Cherry Valley Lane...I wonder if my sisters still hold volleyball and soccer records at Stevenson High School???

You sign up for a free account at steam.com and download their software. Then you simply search for FM in the store and purchase with a credit/debit card. It's VERY secure.

Make sure you buy before Thursday so you can predownload the game. That way at 7pm (or whereever you are) the game will be ready to go :)

I have a Steam account already since I've downloaded the Demo. How does the pre-downloading work? Do I have to leave my Mac (laptop) working?

Hey yonko,

I live in Lakeview, by the lake. We should get a network game going sometime! nicknack11 (also from Chicago) messaged me yesterday to play online, so maybe we can have an online league :D

And about Steam--don't worry. I've been using Steam for three years now (and I have a Mac), and everything has gone perfectly. So far no troubles with my personal info.

Feel free to PM me and we'll talk!

T24

Yeah, we might be able to arrange something about an online game. All my afternoons (and nights) will be open starting from second weekend of Novemeber until early January. But I have to give you a heads up: I play mostly with Barcelona - my favorite team for 20 years (yes, I'm old, being playing FM since it was called CM in the mid 90s).

Are you kidding? I grew up in Vernon Hills!!! Moved there from Ft. Sheridan (dad worked there until it closed down) in '84 and moved to Kentucky in '92. Good ol' Cherry Valley Lane...I wonder if my sisters still hold volleyball and soccer records at Stevenson High School???

No way! I live off of Chery Valley Lane and my sister graduated from Stevenson in 2004.

To be fair, the topic had drifted off course a bit.

However, I am excited to play FM on Thursday, I never understand why digital downloads cannot be synced across the entire world. Why does BF3 digital copies have to unlock on different days across the world (excluding time zones changes).

All sides got their say and a lot of people should now be a lot wiser about the MLS situation, but a lot of that did not belong in open forum.

As I said in the thread the best approach now is to see what MLS is like in FM12 and take any issues to the relevant forums, it's had a lot of tlc in this years development and in Beta, the only way is up if people help instead of bickering.

I ordered through SEGA rather than Steam...what exactly does this mean? I was told I would be emailed a code at midnight friday to activate FM...but I am wondering if I will still need steam? If not, I made a big mistake when I ordered.

Archived