9/10 Score from Strategy Informer

I've tried to compare FM12 reviews to those of FifaManager which iirc is released in a couple of days, so far I've not found any reviews of EA's product.

They would have special review copies one would have thought?

I guess they reviewed the demo instead.

Otherwise all the Steam stuff to fight piracy would be vanished if someone already had gold copies in advance........they would be torrented in a blink of an eye

Otherwise all the Steam stuff to fight piracy would be vanished if someone already had gold copies in advance........they would be torrented in a blink of an eye

No doubt this has happened in the past, those press types are right dodgy. :D

How can they rate a game when only the demo has been broadcasted ?

A lot of medias gets full version for testing, same does many fm sites so the sites should soon come out with a lot of reviews of the game.

They could easily have a review version that only works while connected to Steam, which would be secure enough.

They could easily have a review version that only works while connected to Steam, which would be secure enough.

All Steam based games have been cracked with no mercy. Secure enough is a phrase that within hackers fields does not exist.

Also FBI and NASA servers are " secure enough " ...much more then Steam believe me and they have been violated more than one time.

Broadcasting " free " copies for review reasons is not a good practice in terms of security preservation.

All Steam based games have been cracked with no mercy. Secure enough is a phrase that within hackers fields does not exist.

Also FBI and NASA servers are " secure enough " ...much more then Steam believe me and they have been violated more than one time.

Broadcasting " free " copies for review reasons is not a good practice in terms of security preservation.

You misunderstand me. When I say "secure enough", I mean in this context. If Steam isn't secure enough for FM12, it can never be released. Thus, Steam is secure enough.

You misunderstand me. When I say "secure enough", I mean in this context. If Steam isn't secure enough for FM12, it can never be released. Thus, Steam is secure enough.
Organisations rely on insecure software all the time... Look at Windows!

Steam is apparently "good enough" of which security is just one of the many factors involved (the most important one, of course, is ££££££££££).

Organisations rely on insecure software all the time... Look at Windows!

Steam is apparently "good enough" of which security is just one of the many factors involved (the most important one, of course, is ££££££££££).

Well that is what I meant. You can't guarantee 100% security, so you have to decide what is "secure enough" for you application. If SI trust Steam enough to release the final version, it's also good enough for review versions.

the fact they have JUST issued the reviews suggests the reviews are based on the demo only or they visited SI in person to perform the review. I very much doubt any of the gaming press got free copies

Gaming press gets review copy of allmost every game there is released around the world, i can't remember an review written on the back of a demo. The press review gives the game free marketing in newspapers magazines and websites so offcourse the press gets a full copy of the game to review. It has allways been that way and it will allways be that way.

Reviewers get review copies weeks ahead of release.

usually when a game goes gold or close to that depending on timing for release.

there is also embargos that prevent anyone from releasing them out of order.

Miles promised any place selling the game would have this info, not every site showing the game. You dont buy the game from a review site unless they sell games and each one will have that on the box and in the game specs before you buy it. You really need to stop looking for issues here.

Archived