I've got the FM11 disc but...

can you not install the game directly from the disc? You should be looking for install.exe or autorun.exe, the installation will create FM.exe on your machine. I have FM11 installed from disc and I don't have Steam, I don't see why you can't?

Once it's on steam it's on there forever. He just wants to install it from disc rather than download in which case as lazaru5 said, setup.exe/install.exe/autorun.exe is the way to go.

Exactly. Just choose the install via Steam option. This definetely works. I've reinstalled other steamwork titles, like Shogun Total War, in this way even though the games have already been registered to my account.

You dont need steam to install FM11, Insert you disc into the drive, open up 'My Computer' then right click on the DVD: Drive find the setup application, then when going through the Install options select to install without internet. FM11 was a one time activation and does not require steam to run unlike FM12. just don't download it from steam our not obliged to do it.

I should also add that the terminology used by steam at this point is very confusing. If you have the disc in the drive, and are installing from disc, Steam will still say it wants to download the game but it will in fact just install from disc. To check this, just click continue and leave it for a few mins. You should see the install progress being inline with a disc install rather than an online download.

Archived