Do I start again or continue with no money..

Need some opinions..

Got quite into my demo season earlier with Man City after finally sittin' down and playin' for a few hours.. I'm top of the league after 8 games (won 7, drawn 1) and made some decent signings, who are all bangin' in goals and generally doin' well.. Therefore, I'm thinkin' about just continuing with this season on the full game when its released.

However, Man City's transfer budget is extremely low compared to their real budget, I think its £33m..? (may be wrong, not in front of laptop). Anyway, after buyin' Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for £32.5m, and struggling to sell anyone of any real value, I'm now stuck with around £7m for the next transfer window.. I know I can still try to sell players to raise money but my point is basically I wanna' be able to sign wonder stars at the drop of a hat like Man City have been doin' in reality, without havin' to sell all their current players.. So I can build the squad instead of replacin' it.

So.... Do I continue with my *currently* succeedin' but relatively poor Man City side, or start fresh with an edited database to make things slightly more realistic?

Does anyone else face this choice? Need your thoughts!

Have you done board request for transfer budget? Also if you do the interact with board thing (it's not as fun I know) then they'll spend whatever necessary to ensure you get the player if you can persuade them that far.

Even if you can't buy anybody in the next window, you should still get a ******** of money in the summer, and your club will never hurt for funds- if you enjoy the save, then continue. If you don't get the money after a while, then it may be time to give it up or restart.

If you ask the board for more transfer funds in January I'd say there's a very good chance they'll agree, so I'd continue the demo save onto the full game, the only downside (apart from if the board tell you your not getting any more transfer funds in January) is that you'll be stuck with a small database, but at least with this years game you can compensate for that by adding more leagues from the start of the second season.

I'm in a similar position myself, although not quite financially on a par with City, in my demo save I'm unbeaten in the league in 18 games with Celtic and 15 points clear of Rangers in second place but with no money and no decent players remotely interested in coming to play in the SPL. Can't bring myself to ditch the save though with having gained such a dominant position in the league so will be adding more playable leagues and nations and hoping the squad are good enough to take the title in the first season and build from there when the second season starts with hopefully a good few more players willing to play in my league with the extra nations leagues loaded.

It's not really unrealistic though, if you had used monthly payments for the transfer of Huntelaar you had to option to spend over £100 million. I think you should stay even if you do not get any money in January you will get a big budget at the start of the new season. There will also be plenty of people to sell and you can look forward to next summer and spending £100's of millions on world class players plus if you wait and have a good season you will be able to get even better players.

What you've got to remember is Man City spent a shed load of money already this summer so thats why their kitty is not as much as you'd like it to be, carry on the save when the Full game comes out and see if you get more money in January, if not you will get alot to spend for the next season.

Archived