Unable to play Football due to Medical reasons...

Just looked him up, in rehab for a blood clot, which doesn't really occur in game so it would just have that as a general explanation. On FM 10 I did see a young Nigerian free agent who was unavailable for a couple of years due to studies, which was even more odd.

I hope that someone does an injury pack that works with FM12. I remember GillsMan's download from a year or two back that really added an nice extra element of realism to the game.

That continued in FM11; I think Wally13 took over development. I imagine he'll probably continue with it for FM12, assuming he's getting the game.

The weirdest one I've seen is unavailable due to national service.

Strange, I was just going to ask that after reading the first post; has anyone seen a player unavailable due to national service.

I think it would apply to South Korea, Israel, and - I seem to recall - some Scandinavian countries?

Strange, I was just going to ask that after reading the first post; has anyone seen a player unavailable due to national service.

I think it would apply to South Korea, Israel, and - I seem to recall - some Scandinavian countries?

Both of the Korean countries use it definitely. Israel calls up footballers but for a shorter time than the general population and gives them cushier roles. And Scandinavian nations do it but not to national teamers of players who play abroad if I recall correctly.

Also Turkey.

Archived