You know you know a version of FM inside out when...

You start a new game (having lost a 50 year career game to random file corruption) and use the same team talk for every game, use the same two tactics, don't spend a single penny on purchases and get promoted 4 seasons in a row.

Finding my new FM09 save as Carshalton a bit ridiculously easy at the moment!

Just because of this thread, I'm going to reinstall 09 until I get 12. I seem overlook it due to it's slowness, yet oddly enough I had my two most favourite saves on it - 2 seasons with AFC Wimbledon and 4 seasons with Liverpool, before getting sacked. I don't often get past 1 season due to my impatience!

Back on topic, you know you know a version of FM inside out when... you click the same press conference answers without needing to think about it.

Just because of this thread, I'm going to reinstall 09 until I get 12. I seem overlook it due to it's slowness, yet oddly enough I had my two most favourite saves on it - 2 seasons with AFC Wimbledon and 4 seasons with Liverpool, before getting sacked. I don't often get past 1 season due to my impatience!

Back on topic, you know you know a version of FM inside out when... you click the same press conference answers without needing to think about it.

Thats what killed 09 for me the was slow speed, didn't enjoy that version at all.

when your not shocked at all seeing a random unknown kid from colombia sign for man city/utd/whoever because he's a godamn superstar in that version of the game...

Exactly; when a muppet like Shearer says of Ben Arfa 'never heard of him' and you can shout at MOTD " Anyone who plays FM knows this guy's got massive potential!"

Archived