Offsides Goal change?

Hi - noticed in the demo now that when a player scores an offside goal, the ball is in the net, but there's no "goal" announcement as the computer knows it is offsides and disallowed.

To me, this takes away a bit of the fun of the game. I'd rather have it treated like a goal (as in previous versions) and then get the thrill/disappointment from the offsides call afterwards, rather than immediately.

Crazy request?

I hadn't noticed that. Does it happen every time or only if it's obvious? My heart certainly didn't enjoy the goal flashing for offside. I remember one champions league final was so tense and then it happened. But it did certainly add to the emotion.

Every time. IIRC, in prior versions, you get the "GOAL" flashing message, *then* the offsides/disallowed text. Now, there's no flashing message. So basically, if it flashes, you know it is going to stand up. I for one appreciated the emotion of OMG THAT WAS SO OFFSIDES YES YES YES.

I always instinctive look over at the linesman when one of my players score a borderline offside goal. The flag usually gets raised before the goal message comes up so I know that way.

Didn't realize they did away with the text in FM12 though. Bit of a shame if that's the case... :(

I don't think they've changed it. Leigh Bromby had a goal disallowed for me for pushing in the demo, but the GOAL thing had already flashed before it was announced as disallowed, it's so annoying, I thought I'd completed a 2-0 to 3-2 comeback, but I was happy enough with the draw and I love how it gets you riled up, like real life.

PS. it's not offside, i know, but it's a similar situation

I always instinctive look over at the linesman when one of my players score a borderline offside goal. The flag usually gets raised before the goal message comes up so I know that way.

Didn't realize they did away with the text in FM12 though. Bit of a shame if that's the case... :(

This. Has become a habit for goals that are clearly not offside, too. :p

Archived