Board Requests should include staff additions

Many times taking a lower club to the top levels does not result in extra staff slots. Yes they will add extra coaches but I have also been stuck with one physio, 2 scouts for years no matter how much money we have.

If physios do make a difference as SI says then 1-2 physios in the Premiereship doesn't cut it when the likes of Tottenham have 7.

I think when you get offered a new job that it should include negotiations to allow you to take your current favoured staff along with you. I know you can already do this but I just think that by doing it while you are negotiating with a new club would make the whole process easier.

Are you sure they don't increase over time with sucess?

I was under the impression, that as your reputation improved the amount of staff you can employ aslo increases. Up to a maximum with the highest reputation.

I am sure when I got MKDons to the premiership in my current save, that I could add more staff, but this was several seasons ago.

I think as your club reputation rises so do the available 'slots' for staff. Thats my experience anyway. However there does seem to be a glass ceiling for certain jobs like you say. Physio's I've not noticed but I've been restricted on my scouts for before.

I've always had a problem with Staff. Some say they've "seen increased slots" as they move up the divisions, but I can put hand on heart and say I've enver experienced this.

Game 1 - Knockbreda FC. Start with 1 Coach max. 1 ass man, 1 Physio, 1 Scout. You can generally get 2 or 3 of each when it says you're only allowed 1.

Scenario - Knockbreda FC of N. Irish Div. 2 are an Amateur Club. I got them up to the N. Irish Prem, and into regular Champs League football, along with them turning Professional. I was awarded no extra staff roles.

Game 2 - AFC Wimbledon. Start with 1 Coach also. Minimum others.

Scenario - Currently turned Professional 4 seasons ago, And have taken them from Blue Square South to the dizzy heights of Coca Cola League 1. Still no extra staff are allowed.

icon_frown.gif

I agree with jamiehex - The staff you sign should not be limited, so long as you are in the confines of your wage budget.

I have had coaching slots increase and have had them not increase after 8 seasons and major trophies.

Some teams appear stupid however. They increase coaches by a couple of slots but NEVER increase physios or scouts no matter how many times you win trophies including the CL.

It needs a tweak. My solution is the simplest but not necessarily the easiest for SI to do. Or maybe it is, I have no clue.

after 5 consecutive titles, one of my top coaches retired and i wasn't allowed to replace him. arsenals initial limit was 15 (recommendation of 10), yet i'm at a maximum of 13 right now, despite improving facilities to their maximum. or maybe that's the reason...

i never need more than the recommended amount of scouts, i just restart central european/ south american searches for each scout.

Many times taking a lower club to the top levels does not result in extra staff slots. Yes they will add extra coaches but I have also been stuck with one physio, 2 scouts for years no matter how much money we have.

If physios do make a difference as SI says then 1-2 physios in the Premiereship doesn't cut it when the likes of Tottenham have 7.

Hope that SI implements this on FM 2009. This was being overlooked on FM 2008.

I think when you get offered a new job that it should include negotiations to allow you to take your current favoured staff along with you. I know you can already do this but I just think that by doing it while you are negotiating with a new club would make the whole process easier.

I like that idea. Would very much come in handy

The OP's idea isn't bad, either - just make this something I can bring up as a Board Request. Simple, problem solved.

That is quite true. I am surprised that SI managed to overlook this one on FM 2008. Hopefully, this request will be implemented in FM 2009!

I think that you should be able to request more staff, I was manager of bristol city for years and took them to the top of the EPL, but was still only allowed a paltry amount of coaches, even with world class coaches with high stats, my players were still not improving as they should be, along with the option to request more staff from the board, I think there should be some sort of feedback on how the coaches are working out for the team, like the signings confidence from the fans, I think there should be a coach confidence type thing from the players, see how they are getting on

• 4 months later...
I think that you should be able to request more staff, I was manager of bristol city for years and took them to the top of the EPL, but was still only allowed a paltry amount of coaches, even with world class coaches with high stats, my players were still not improving as they should be, along with the option to request more staff from the board, I think there should be some sort of feedback on how the coaches are working out for the team, like the signings confidence from the fans, I think there should be a coach confidence type thing from the players, see how they are getting on

I had this issue with Luton Town. Won the Champions League twice and I could never get a second scout.

Archived