/Just venting my spleen

Why are the press conferences something that is almost never touched? They were introduced a few versions back and the same questions in the same order about the same things turn up time after time.

Why am I never asked about my decision to sell a player? I don't mean u18s or rotting reserves, but players who've played a bit. I'm only ever asked about signings and even then only if a) I call a press conference or b) they are playing in their first few games. Never at the end of the season "did you think that was a good buy?"; "who was your best buy" etc.

What about my tactics? I'm never asked if I ought to play a different formation to utilise my three best players (strikers, midfielders, whatever). Or if the lack of goals is because I'm playing one up front. The game knows what tactic I'm playing, how many I've scored etc etc. Use this data for something!!

Equally the same order of questions is so annoying. Yes these runs are hard on the legs and yes as time passes the gap between europe and league games lessens, but no I don't think my players are complacent and yes they share my confidence. Zzzzzzz. If I can handle a whole press conference by only reading the first couple of words of the top answer and knowing what the question is, and all the possible answers are, then it's got stale.

Add some fruity comments in the custom answer box. That always breaks the monotony. ;)

I do. Although the game has stopped reporting that I went on a 'foul-mouthed tirade' even if I use the really big swearwords. So it doesn't really count for anything. I'd much rather be able to say something new, that invent something new for the sake of it, that doesn't actually count for anything.

Archived