Man Utd on the FM12 Demo... annoyingly realistic

I'm playing as Spurs and just played at Old Trafford. Got a lucky penalty at the end of the first half after being battered so make it 2-1. Scotty Parker scored with a scorcher with 5 minutes remaining but they scored deep into injury time with flippin' Ji Sung Park from about 3 yards out (who had stopped Bale for the entire 90 minutes - good to see he's not transfer listed like he always was on FM11 for some reason despite being a pretty important player for SAF).

I didn't know they would be able to replicate Utd's real life nack of 90th minute goals. How annoying...

Funny you should notice this. I'm a lower league manager but for the demo I thought I'd have a play managing United. I reported on another thread how spookily realistic they are. Vidic is crocked, Rooney's in a permagrump and the English kids with modest attributes are doing great.

For the record, Park has always been awesome both in-game and real life

Yeah I agree - only because I used to buy him from Utd for peanuts as he was always sat in the reserves never playing on the transfer list. Totally bemused me but I was more than happy to have him. I'm glad in game he's finally being appreciated for his quality!

I'm playing as Spurs and just played at Old Trafford. Got a lucky penalty at the end of the first half after being battered so make it 2-1. Scotty Parker scored with a scorcher with 5 minutes remaining but they scored deep into injury time with flippin' Ji Sung Park from about 3 yards out (who had stopped Bale for the entire 90 minutes - good to see he's not transfer listed like he always was on FM11 for some reason despite being a pretty important player for SAF).

I didn't know they would be able to replicate Utd's real life nack of 90th minute goals. How annoying...

Not at all realistic. Penalties aren't awarded against the red peril at Old Trafford.

For the record, Park has always been awesome both in-game and real life

I'm finding my first choice wingers (Nani, Young and Valencia together with Rooney) are constantly miserable - mainly, I think, because they disrespect me. Hence Park - always positive - it getting a lot of game time along with Cleverley and Ravel Morrison.

In my game they have only got seven points from seven games. Two wins and a draw. I am pretty surprised, although Arsenal are on fire so...

I'm managing them and we're floundering a bit. Arsenal and Chelsea have 100% EPL records so far. I've won 3, drawn 2. Just lost the first Champions League game after the starting XI went out 'confused' by my team talk and lost concentration. Bit of a learning curve, this!

I dont think that Man U are entirely invincible on the demo. As Liverpool manager I managed to stuff them 5-1 scoring 3 goals in the first 15 minutes. If I take over United when I get the full game I think the first thing I'll be doing is replacing their new goalie De Gea becaue I personally dont think he's up to much. Anyway here's a link to my great 5-1 result which I thought was brilliant. Kenny will be happy if he could emulate that today I'll bet ;)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/mg010a3406/kop.jpg

Archived