Have sponsorships been addressed this year? Reply requested.

I'll keep bumping this thread until I get a reply from an SI official, a yes or no is all I need.I know it's not the best thing to do,but this an urgent matter and I bet other had it as well.

Please look into it if you haven't already, I wouldn't want to have the same problem this year as well and it's not something I can test through the demo.

I'll give you an example and I hope this is not the case this year:

On FM11 if you got started managing on any team on the swedish second divisions, you'd start with a one-year sponsorship kit of 175.000 euros. After that you're sponsorship would be a kit ranging around 10-15000 euros.

No matter how successful you were,when you managed to get your way up to the Premier Division your sponsorship would never have got abone the 25-30000 euros.Mind you the lowest sponsorship on the Premier Division if I recall correctly would be

around 400.000 euros and the highest over 1 million,most likely something around 1.2 actually.

This would happen on many countries who had big league structures,but I think the swedish one shows the problem on its finest.

Which actually forced the user to exploit the creation of multiple friendly matches (and by multiple i mean A LOT,imagine all the pre-season filled with friendlys with 3 days gap for my senior,reserves and U19 team) in order to be able to sustain the team,something which led to two outcomes:

a) In order to have good revenues you had to play rich and most likely stronger team,resulting in multiple losses and the crippling of the team's confidence.

b) Multiple injuries pre-season.

But if you didn't bother with doing this "exploit" you could never even remotely imagine accumulating the slightest of money to survive in the Premier Division. (in fact,you wouldn't survive in the First Division Elite with so little money either)

In the FM12 demo I've picked such a team and I noticed that the starting sponsorship is now at 730.000 euros. (although that doesn't matter,since both in FM11 and FM12 these starting sponsorships were only used in order to bring the club to a positive balance, most clubs start with around +15.000 euros), the point is that the demo restricts me to 6 months of gameplay and I cannot test that myself.

PLEASE SI, you got the game on your computers, run a few quick seasons with ensuring the promotion of such teams until the Premier Division and look into that this doesn't happen on this year's FM as well, it was one of the most groundbreaking things in FM11 and I would like to have some actual fun with LLM this year and not struggle because I won't have any money to pay for anything.

Makes me feel a little better, although something more concrete than 'Yes we've looked at it' would be better :)

It really did kill my Truro game, being dominant, 2 Champions league titles, and only £4 million a year shirt deal, and a 25 year stadium deal after 10 years in the prem

Archived