Scouts with 20 judging potential and ability

Firstly, is judging potential and judging ability the only 2 attributes hat really matter for scouts?

And secondly, are their reports always correct, For example, if they come back with a report saying a player is a 4.5* potential, and can be better than Van Persie, is it accurate?

Thanks

I read somewhere determination is also good for a scout so they put in more effort looking for players, from my experience scout reports on potential are correct but the players development is also down to your training etc

I like to see a fairly high determination, but that's a personal thing, and I've no evidence to say it helps. Judging potential and ability are obviously key.

Whether their reports are accurate is subjective. I use them to firstly highlight whether the player might be interested in signing and then looking for other hidden things like "Likes/dislikes big matches" or is "injury prone", "will struggle to settle (or not) in to new country".

As for raw ability of player, I trust myself in that regard not to need a scout to tell me whether player can do a job for me or not.

I've read a lot about determination being important but never saw any conclusive evidence to back it up, i agree with kabajingain about adaptability, it's important for scouts to send to countries they don't have any knowledge of.

I'm also wondering if anything changed for FM12, namely if the scouts retain knowledge of nations they don't have natural knowledge of longer.

Archived