FM2012 Missions and goals

So lets start a little discussions, what goals and missions do you(If you have any) for FM2012 - I have never done this really but thought this time it would be a good idea to keep me motivated and inspired to play the game a bit more, as I tend to get bored and then when I finally get a game going I just can't stop.

So here are my missions!

Make AS Roma into the best team in the world - One of my supported teams that I always have a game on with on each edition, this time I'm going to take it a bit further and make them into a real force that thrashes Europe, should not be to hard but still might take about 10 - 15 years to make them invincibles.

Take my local team Þór to a Champions League Knockout Stage - My local team that I'm a die hard fan for, they just got relegated IRL but they start the game in the top division as relegation candidates, I know most of the players personally and when I used to play I played with about 6 or 7 of them, so It's extra fun for me, did one game like that on FM11 and reached the Group Stages in 6 years, now I want knockout stages and potentially to make them a solid european team.

Do a Euro-Trip Conquer - Win the largest leagues in Europe as well as the Europa League and Champions League, league I say are the largest are England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Holland

Make a good MLS Save - Basically try and make a real solid USA Team that owns the MLS and fights in the Continental Cup that USA teams play in.

Make an Eastern European League into a more of a force - Take over a team in a Eastern European league(Romania, Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Bulgaria, even some more, suggestions taken) and make them into a good solid team in the Champions League, then take over another team in the same country and try and push them forward, taking my inspiration from RFC over at Susie who did something like this in Poland, not trying to do as good as he did having 4 teams from Poland as major CL contenders.

Anyways that are my initial goals and missions and hopefully they help me and maybe I'll get them all done.

What's your plan for this edition, if there is any ?

taking my inspiration from RFC over at Susie who did something like this in Poland, not trying to do as good as he did having 4 teams from Poland as major CL contenders.
This looks interesting, where can I find this? Was it FM11?

My first mission will be, as always, taking Aston Villa to win the EPL again. Should take a couple of years in the game to achieve it. Then something easier like taking Malaga/PSG/Man City to top european football and I'll finish in a long-season game with a mission to make Polish league rated just below the best 5 in Europe. This one should be most challenging.

First I will be trying to take Sunderland and make them the biggest club in the world. I will also run a save along side this where the aim is to win every continents champions league will have to create New Zealand to make the Oceanic one playable and I will make the Arab Champions League to give me another to win. Should take awhile to win European, Asian, Oceanic, African, North American and OFC Champions Leagues as well as the Libertadores. I have managed to do it on the last two FM's so will hopefully keep the trend going.

I will do what i always do..

My main game will be an average club in EPL, Trying to replicate IRL, by doing good but never too good, making the odd guest appearance in Europe.

My side games are more for, (not caring on the team) But seeing what i can do with different bunch of players, varying in quality, style (tactic wise, ie, teams that are just great at - work rate - team work - stamina, or technical type players. etc)

what i find fun is be my home town team ( middlesbrough ) get them to become the best in the world and the once ive done that get youth in, then once ive done all that i would move to a different league and win that with what ever team i can aka win all the cups in that league and champions league then move on again keep doing it. ok so after that start a new game and go from the bottom to the top with a team in each league :)

I always play local 2 player with a mate, grab a random top league team each and play with them until the final patch is out (to get to grips with new UI etc) then start a long term save with 2 similar teams in the lower leagues and see who can do better

win every continents champions league,world cup,european cup,gold cup etc and make Aston villa the best team in the world once i get to them.

Starting with Oxford united as I come from there and will try and make them a decent league 1/championship side with lots of potential before moving on to travel the world :)

Bring AGF to success in the league and in Europe. The first part might not be too hard, since the Danish league isn't considered particularly good in FM, but the second part will take years. I might do an Aarhus Fremad game as well (I live next to their stadium and played for them as a kid), from Danish Second Division West to CHL-final and probably a big team to get a feel for it. Possibly a lower league English team as well, if I find the time for it.

Turn Leeds into a world class side, did it in FM11 when i managed 4 league titles, 3 champions league titles in a row, 3 F.A. cups and one carling cup in 8 seasons. Got less money to spend this time round so really gotta wheel and deal to get us promoted and stay there.

Sounds like you would like some of the challenges in this forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/31-Challenges-Sign-Ups-amp-Experiments

For me, I do the same old thing every year. Attempt to take a non league club to the Premiership + Champions League title.

how about building a english Arsenal.

--

My mission will be to journeyman Brazil and during my save win everything there is with my favourite team.. Figueirense,

My missions are:

Adelaide United - Win Club World Cup - Considering we missed out be so little a few years ago, I'd like to have another shot!

AFC Wimbeldon - Beat MK Dons - Kinda General thing, will then try to build them up to prem status

Anzhi M. - Champions League - Use as many Russian players as possible

I have the same goal in every FM, to get Torquay United promoted to the Premiership and remain there. I have only ever achieved this once back in Championship manager 01/02... i think it was that one had a red cover anyway.

I have only ever managed to get to the Championship since then with Torquay and i am up for the challenge of doing this again in FM12 :) I play legit of course, and often add in 3 other managers in different leagues to spice things up. I quite enjoy managing lower teams below the BSP and taking them to the league.

Taking on an Eastern European team for the first time in FM- FC Krasnodar. Hoping to keep them up the first year, then qualify for Europe by year three. Figured I needed the challenge after dominating Europe the last few FM's with my two favorite real-life clubs, Liverpool and Lyon.

Take Paris St. Germain to the top of Europe and one save. A save with supported team Blackburn, get them to title contenders and somewhere along the line start a Brazlian league, always wanted ot manage Neymar but always priced out of bids

As always, one save slot: begin managing the mighty Wrexham, take them up the leagues and take on the Wales job at the same time when I get the chance.

If I get bored, I have soft spots for Braunschweiger Eintracht and FC Den Bosch and like managing them if the opportunity arises.

My goals are:

1. Win Champions League with Zenit and try to make their squad all russian

2. Get Ipswich to Premier League and back to Europe

3. Start a journeyman career in Europe first unemployed and see how high I can make it

If there is a goal that is tempting, aside from 'win as many matches as you can', which is the goal in fm by default, then it would be making the very best youth academy. Making a club like Ajax, but from the scratch, taking it from the non-league to top.

My goals with this version are: Manage Celtic to 10 domestic league titles in a row

Win the Champions league with a squad of all Scottish players

Stay at Celtic as manager for at least 44 years, breaking Willie Maley's record for longest serving manager (hopefully also breaking his records of 16 league titles and 14 Scottish cups along the way).

Should keep me busy at least until FM13 is out providing my computer can handle the save file

Having been inspired by Molde and their real-life race for the Norwegian title, im going to give it a try myself. Im a big Solskjaer fan tho and I will feel slightly bad about giving him the boot.

Idealy Id give him a coaching job but I doubt he would take it.

Been reading up about their history and players on wikipedia too, which isnt something id normally do but Molde seem to have really captured my imagination.

My mission is to win the title and my long-term goal is to do well in the Champions League.

Ive got a feeling its going to be fun!!! :)

Having been inspired by Molde and their real-life race for the Norwegian title, im going to give it a try myself. Im a big Solskjaer fan tho and I will feel slightly bad about giving him the boot.

Idealy Id give him a coaching job but I doubt he would take it.

Been reading up about their history and players on wikipedia too, which isnt something id normally do but Molde seem to have really captured my imagination.

My mission is to win the title and my long-term goal is to do well in the Champions League.

Ive got a feeling its going to be fun!!! :)

Go into the Editor and Make him the Assistant manager ;)

that way you will work with him by ur side

Hit double figures in points with one of the following

Andorra/San Marino/Liechtenstein/Faroe Isles/Luxembourg. Managed it with Liechstenstein in FM10 in the 2014 World Cup Quals, but then followed it up in Euro 2016 Quals with 1 point... against Germany of all Nations. Included in this was hammering by Wales, Slovenia and Scotland :(

Closes I came in 2011 was 7 points with Faroe Isles.

Pick small team from an obscure country and actually stick with them for more than 3 seasons, oh and avoid getting sacked.

One of these versions i will do it, hopefully this one.

+1

I also have problems staying longer then a few years with one team but I'm really motivated to do this now.

Archived