OH MY GOD!

I can't believe I have to sign up to a forum just to find out how to do this but ... can anyone help me? I've just picked up a copy of 2007 and am getting into it very easily except on thing ...

I can't for the life of me find out how to make a substitution mid match!! I've tried swapping players on the team sheet ... no joy. I've tried swapping them in tactics ... no joy. I can make them at half time because a different page comes up but mid match is not happening for me.

I feel a little silly as this is the most basic, easy function on every other manager game I've EVER played and I'M sure its very simple on this one. What bothers me more is .. it must be so simple there is absolutely no mention of substitutions in the booklet or in the help section.

Anyone?

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Have you clicked "confirm changes" in the bottom left corner after you have made the changes?

I don't think you get to continue unless you click this anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I though, but I couldn't think of any other reason. I didn't really play FM07 that much, so I don't know if it was a bug fixed by a patch or something along those lines?!?

mid-match click your teams tactics in the bottom left corner e.g. rangers tactics, man utd tactics, barcelona tactics, make sure you click detailed. then drag the players that are on your bench over the player you want to take off, the players on the bench will be slightly darker. then in the bottom left corner click confirm changes and the confirm by selecting ok.

after this just continue your game and it will make the subs.

AAAAHHHHHH!! now you're talking. Thanks gcormack and SCIAG. I was beginning to think i was a complete f**ck*in moron but it is clearly not straight forward. I'M surprised something so fundamentally basic is that hard to work out. I will try that thanks

Archived