Valve & SI join forces with Team Fortress 2 & Football Manager collaboration

• SI Staff

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 ITEMS AVAILABLE IN TEAM FORTRESS 2

Pre-order from Steam and receive all items for free!

LONDON (13th October, 2012) – Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe Ltd. announce that from today several Football Manager 2012 items will be available via the Team Fortress 2 Mann Co. Store. These items, including football boots, scarves and a vuvuzela sound pack, will be given away free to anyone that pre-purchases Football Manager 2012 from Steam, but will also be in the Team Fortress 2 store to anyone after the much anticipated release of Football Manager 2012

"When Steam and Valve came to us with this collaboration idea, it just underlined to us why we think they're brilliant", said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. "Outside the box thinking that just works so well. We hope all the Team Fortress 2 players enjoy using the items inside the game, and apologise in advance for the general annoyance the Vuvuzela sound pack is going to inflict on the world."

Jason Holtman, Valve’s director of business development, said “GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!”

I don't get this?

Valve have a tendency to work with any game that is releasing through steam to offer pre order bonus items that are available in TF2 such as Deus Ex, Sam and Max and loads more games. Knowing the TF2 community very well this will increase sales of FM as plenty of TF2'ers buy games solely for the Items that come with them. (sad I know)

I look forward to having a kick about with my TF2 buddies :cool:

and I should also add TF2 is free ladies and gents ;)

Relief - not just me then.

What is Team Fortress 2? Is it a game, is it a shop??????

Presumably the horrible vuvuzela won't be inflicted on anyone who doesn't want it?

A bit of clarification for those of us not in on the deal would be appreciated, thanks.

Team Fortress is an online multiplayer shooter, great fun if you like that kinda thing.

Quality!! Will be looking at that on TF2 next weekend. Off topic slightly, is FM2012 going to be available to download a day or two before-hand before the release date. Then on the day only needs activating via steam. That would be fantastic if it could happen. So on Friday it would just be a case of launching the game activating it ( few secondo's) and then juggling playing the game over the weekend, whilst watching the Rugby (Wales v New Zealand final please) & the Footie!!!

Hmmm I want free stuff though. So will I play TF2 or not? I don't even know what it is? It's like someone offering me a speedboat or a mystery box, and I kinda want the mystery box, because that could be anything it could even be a speedboat!

Hmmm I want free stuff though. So will I play TF2 or not? I don't even know what it is? It's like someone offering me a speedboat or a mystery box, and I kinda want the mystery box, because that could be anything it could even be a speedboat!

Team Fortress 2 is free to play on steam :), so why don't you download it and give it a go? If you like it, then it might well sway your decision...

hahahahahaha :)

Do you like shooter games at all? TF2 is a team based shooter, but each player plays a specific role, it used to be huge back in the counter strike days, my mate was in one of the top clans and used to travel round europe planing lan tournaments. Its really good fun if you like that kinda games, not that focused on realism, more on the fun aspect of things, but still pretty skilled if you get into it. The football thing will be funny im sure i will end up with a lot of early deaths because of it!!

Ok I'm convinced. I'll try TF2. I barely have enough time to play FM so this will be fun I suppose until FM is released.

Not sure if I like online team game shooter ups? I'll give it a go.

I have a feeling I'm getting hoodwinked some how though.

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 ITEMS AVAILABLE IN TEAM FORTRESS 2

Pre-order from Steam and receive all items for free!

LONDON (13th October, 2012) – Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe Ltd. announce that from today several Football Manager 2012 items will be available via the Team Fortress 2 Mann Co. Store. These items, including football boots, scarves and a vuvuzela sound pack, will be given away free to anyone that pre-purchases Football Manager 2012 from Steam, but will also be in the Team Fortress 2 store to anyone after the much anticipated release of Football Manager 2012

"When Steam and Valve came to us with this collaboration idea, it just underlined to us why we think they're brilliant", said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. "Outside the box thinking that just works so well. We hope all the Team Fortress 2 players enjoy using the items inside the game, and apologise in advance for the general annoyance the Vuvuzela sound pack is going to inflict on the world."

Jason Holtman, Valve’s director of business development, said “GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!”

Revealing, or PR? ;)

When SI announced the game had to be activated through steam loads of people confessed to only playing FM and now to get the bonuses you have to play another game, which defeats the object in my opinion. Are sales figures dropping that much that they have to go down this avenue to get new customers.

Who knows what sales figures are like? I thought it was apparent in the opening thread that it was Valves idea to give away bonuses to anyone who bought FM, not SI's idea because of any sales related figures?

Seems like the Valve company are rewarding their loyal customers who play Team Fortress with a few freebies that they can enjoy.

It just so happens that some of them will not be FM users so they might buy the game to get the "free" stuff, which seems a bit of an oxymoron here if they are only buying the game with no intention of playing.

If it takes the fanbase of FM up a notch wheres' the harm in that?

That game is slowly...no speedily...becoming World of Hatcraft.

I think it's now once a week that I log in to Steam and see a new game with hats for World of Hatcraft if you preorder. :eek:

I think hat = scarf this time...it's just a diversion though....:D

45 posts and still not understand.

how to use that bonus item ? did we use it on FM games ? how ? did it affect the fm game itself ?

Question 1 - Play Team Fortress 2.

Question 2 - No.

Question 3 - See answer 2.

Question 4 - See answer 2.

The bonus items are for use in-game in Team Fortress 2, if you only play FM, you can pretty much ignore this thread.

Im surprised "shag" is not filtered out :eek:
Why should it be? I smoke it :confused:

At your age Kriss, as well as smoking it, wasn't it also a type of dance you'll have done "back in the day". ;)

Anyhow, latency on my satellite internet isn't great for playing online games. But I'd be tempted (lag aside) if there was a "Rooney Kick" attack available. :D

Archived