Newly Rich Clubs

Malaga in Spain have a qatari royal at the helm now also! Some exciting transfers this summer Inc. Ruud van nistelrooy

I said Malaga in the OP :). Did Getafe ever get taken over? I know there was a big thing about it because the owners were planning to change their name...

I can think of many, the Russian one sticks out (I can never spell it). Imagine if they stick to their promises and buy all these world class players (Gerrard, Lampard etc.)

I can actually see them going bankrupt, because they'll end up paying an absolutely huge wage bill and the Russian League won't really get them that big a return. I think the owner could end up backing out if he loses enough money on Eto'o and Roberto Carlos...

Xolos Tijuana from Mexico.

Not as rich as those perhaps, but they signed Egidio Arévalo Ríos (Botafogo, Uruguayan national team), beat Sporting Lisbon to sign Dayro Moreno and a few other players.

I've had a couple saves with Roma in the last couple years, FM10 was a better one than FM11, which I didn't really get all that far in, but their problem was always that they severely lacked money for their ambitions (which apart from getting to manage Totti <3) was also part of the interest.

I still think I'll probably end up doing my usual Fiorentina run though...might be nice to have Roma as some proper competition...

I think Anji Makhachkala will be an interesting team to manage. I'm tempted to start a save as them when the full game is released, just to see what players I can attract to the club and how well the team performs in domestic and European competition.

I can actually see them going bankrupt, because they'll end up paying an absolutely huge wage bill and the Russian League won't really get them that big a return. I think the owner could end up backing out if he loses enough money on Eto'o and Roberto Carlos...

By all accounts the owner of Anzhi However-the-hell-you-spell-it is not expecting any return on his investment. I heard Gab Marcotti explaining that he is a Russian oligarch who is trying to get into Vlad Putin's good books. The area that the club is based in (way out in the sticks, although the players all live and train in Moscow and only fly in for matches) was involved in some ethnic civil war or unrest (the Chechen uprising, perhaps?) and building up Anzhi is meant to be part of the so-called "normalisation" process for the area ie "everything's great here now that Moscow's in charge, we even have a great football team, eh?" Their home stadium only has a max capacity of 20,000 and they rarely fill it, so the owner is losing millions every week just paying Eto'o, Carlos etc. But he's going to have to keep going until Putin says otherwise.

Vitesse Arnhem have a very rich owner too.

They've bought and loaned some players allready last season, that otherwise did not come to them.

They do not spend lots and lots of money so far though.

With your starting budget it is possible to get the title within 1 or 2 seasons.

By all accounts the owner of Anzhi However-the-hell-you-spell-it is not expecting any return on his investment. I heard Gab Marcotti explaining that he is a Russian oligarch who is trying to get into Vlad Putin's good books. The area that the club is based in (way out in the sticks, although the players all live and train in Moscow and only fly in for matches) was involved in some ethnic civil war or unrest (the Chechen uprising, perhaps?) and building up Anzhi is meant to be part of the so-called "normalisation" process for the area ie "everything's great here now that Moscow's in charge, we even have a great football team, eh?" Their home stadium only has a max capacity of 20,000 and they rarely fill it, so the owner is losing millions every week just paying Eto'o, Carlos etc. But he's going to have to keep going until Putin says otherwise.

That's Kadyrov at Terek Grozny. Him and his dead pappy are indeed backed by the Kremlin.

Kerimov oth is just an eccentric billionaire.

Yeah, if you include QPR then you'd have to add Leicester as well with it's Thai owners. Neither would be classified as rich really.

QPR certainly would be, if you go by the wealth of the owners then they are the second richest club in England (richest if you only take personal wealth). Leicester, on the other hand, aren't very high on that list (they're only the 14th richest club in the Championship), but their owner is spending much more recklessly than others, probably because, like Carson Yeung, he feels secure in his ability to secure capital.

celtic just threw one injury ravaged winger away(maloney), it would of been financial suicide signing another one in mcfadden. 30k a week, is 1.5 million a year for a player that might start 8/10 games for us the rest of the season., thats without injury bein factored. even if they did end up winning the spl they'd barely make that 1.5 mill back.

QPR certainly would be, if you go by the wealth of the owners then they are the second richest club in England (richest if you only take personal wealth). Leicester, on the other hand, aren't very high on that list (they're only the 14th richest club in the Championship), but their owner is spending much more recklessly than others, probably because, like Carson Yeung, he feels secure in his ability to secure capital.

they were... not sure if you can count them as such now the Mittel group aren't officially involved anymore... only bhatia remains and he isnt really privy to the Mittel empire.. only a son in law..

and now briatore, palladini and ecclestone are gone too ....

Not entirely correct, mostly though. You're right about Kerimov not really caring though, Forbes says $7.8bn personal fortune.

Dagestan isn't in the sticks, it's actually pretty close to europe and they do - like a lot of Russian millionaires and foreign footballers - live in Moscow then travel. Makhachkala borders the caspian sea. Dagestan was invaded in 1999, part of the Chechen war - correct - as was Grozny (another with a crazy owner). Kerimov bought Roberto Carlos a Bugatti Veyron for his birthday.

Archived